Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am a brand new owner of a 207 1.6 HDI
Please can you tell me what the procedure is to enable to RD4 head unit for Aux in.
When I was purchasing the car (in South Africa) I asked the dealer to put a Aux in jack in place, instead of doing this he installed a FM transmitter unit (at a cost). But this seems a bit round a bout if the RD4 can take input directly. I am a bit miffed about this, as he did not tell me it was a FM solution untill I collected the car ( I would have said no thanks as I have a FM transmitter already). Where can I get details on how the RD4 AUX in jack is enabled, so that I can 1) show him its possible and 2) get the local technicians to do it for me.
I have seen mention of a wiring loom for an ipod, can some one please tell me what this is?
And lastly has there been any resolution on how to play MP3 disks? I see it was raised in the forums earlier, but there was no conclusion to the thread.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tell the banana brain he has no idea and should not be selling/ nor servicing any peugeot.

It's easy to do. Firstly the wiriing loom has 4 pin connections on it which all piggy back on the rear of the unit in the input slot, all you need to do is match them up with the existing, don't worry if you get it wrong you can not damage the head unit. Secondly the head up display needs to show input device as a toggle function, this needs to be enable by the peugeot software which is only available at the dealer ( unless someone knows where it can be purchased I would love to have it).It's a straight forward procedure, although I needed a replacement unit with mine as the new exisiting loom did not fit the new stereo's.

Not sure about the mp3 files, yet haven't tried it, would like to hear others feed back if it works, manual stipulates it should but in theory it should , in reality it is another story. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the input. I am talking to them again tomorrow. Drives me nuts tho... any idea where I might get an official guide on what to do?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Peugeot tech site, you have to subscribe to it per hour etc.
Instructions on the input jack are in french but pretty easy to understand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on this.
They have installed the Jack... Supprise supprise they had one in store all along :p
They have enabled the jack so I can select it, but I can get NO sound out of it at all. even with both volumes at full blast.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Seems lke they have not installed the audio lines in correctly take it back to them asap and tell them off...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts