Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all, first post on this forum.

Just had an issue where my 2008 207 RC (Gti) 1.6 THP didn't seem to have quite the punch it should have, so I gave it a good thrashing and after reaching over 3,000 rpm in 3rd gear, the check engine light came on.

Diagnostic tool showed error code P0299 (Low boost).

I started to check on this forum for possible causes/solutions and lots of people seemed to suggest checking the diverter valve first, among other things.

Since it's easily accessible on this car, it took me about 5 minutes to take it off....and behold.
The rubber membrane on the diverter valve seems to have been completely destroyed.

I checked with my local car parts supplier and I was told that an improved model of the same diverter valve is being produced.
Part number is 11658636606.

They can't supply the part to me until Thursday so I'll have to wait a day or two to install it.

Anyway I thought I'd create this thread for other people who get the same error code. I'll come back with an update once I have installed the new diverter valve.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

I got the new diverter valve today. Installed it in the car and I'm no longer receiving any error messages.

There is also a noticeable increase in boost when going over 3.000 rpm.

Hope this helps someone with same or similar problems.

Cheers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts