Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres quite a few faults with these but couldn't find a match/fix within the first few pages or searching.

Its a 207 1.4 petrol.
The cluster temp is at high(full), the radiator fan is on constant(fast)
As soon as engine is started with outside temp of 16 degrees......
the live data for coolant rises from 40+ upwards, but the external temp reads as 30 degrees.
If all the faults are cleared (I can list them when at home later) it will start and run normal for maybe a day, until something (it's not my car) triggers it again.

I've checked the oil cap is on tight, there doesn't appear to be any water damage in the fuse box. He says a garage has replaced a block of 'stuff' to the right of the engine.

The owner is worried and has turned to me for help. Any suggestions??
Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I know theres quite a few faults with these but couldn't find a match/fix within the first few pages or searching.

Its a 207 1.4 petrol.
The cluster temp is at high(full), the radiator fan is on constant(fast)
As soon as engine is started with outside temp of 16 degrees......
the live data for coolant rises from 40+ upwards, but the external temp reads as 30 degrees.
If all the faults are cleared (I can list them when at home later) it will start and run normal for maybe a day, until something (it's not my car) triggers it again.

I've checked the oil cap is on tight, there doesn't appear to be any water damage in the fuse box. He says a garage has replaced a block of 'stuff' to the right of the engine.

The owner is worried and has turned to me for help. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Hi Mate,

I had a problem with my 207 that turned out to be the temperature sensor. It caused a couple of random problems with my car, it stalled a lot, not when idling but when I was pulling off, something to do with the Air/Fuel mixture by all accounts.

I should think this has been covered a few times on here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts