Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have an email for the main Customer Service? They have removed the form from the website and are near impossible to contact via phone. Have been chasing them for two weeks now for an update on whether or not they would pay for my power steering fault. Because it is just over 10 years old the dealership said I need to go through main customer services to see whether they can do anything..

· Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have an email for the main Customer Service? They have removed the form from the website and are near impossible to contact via phone. Have been chasing them for two weeks now for an update on whether or not they would pay for my power steering fault. Because it is just over 10 years old the dealership said I need to go through main customer services to see whether they can do anything..
Sorry, can't find an email but I did find CS via phone really helpful. Maybe open a Resolver case against them as if you don't get an acceptable response it does end up escalated to senior management. Note though on mine Peugeot were not receiving my replies which is why I ended up sorting it out over the phone, However, I think having the Resolver case going helped in their willingness to sort the problem out (refund of diag costs for PS prob).
Just highlight it's an accepted manufacturing fault that should have been dealt with under recall as it is so dangerous. You could have died.
Good luck!

· Registered
12 Posts
Sorry, can't find an email but I did find CS via phone really helpful. Maybe open a Resolver case against them as if you don't get an acceptable response it does end up escalated to senior management. Note though on mine Peugeot were not receiving my replies which is why I ended up sorting it out over the phone, However, I think having the Resolver case going helped in their willingness to sort the problem out (refund of diag costs for PS prob).
Just highlight it's an accepted manufacturing fault that should have been dealt with under recall as it is so dangerous. You could have died.
Good luck!
Thanks a lot! The dealership is trying to get out of it by saying it is now 10 years and 9 months and apparently they only "automatically" cover it up to ten years. In my eyes, a common fault is a common fault, 9 months don't change that.
Will try going through resolver if I don't hear anything by next week!

· Registered
5 Posts
8 days ago my power steering failed. I found this forum and called peugeot customer care on this number: 0800 042 2422
A few days later I tried getting an update and they told me that before they can approve anything I need to take the car to the garage for diagnostics. Once they "confirm it is a common fault, they will approve or not approve the work". The said this even though it is out of the warranty period but the car is otherwise in very good conditions and only has 43000 miles.

Does anyone else have a 207 outside of the warrany period which they have approved the work for?

· Registered
84 Posts
8 days ago my power steering failed. I found this forum and called peugeot customer care on this number: 0800 042 2422
A few days later I tried getting an update and they told me that before they can approve anything I need to take the car to the garage for diagnostics. Once they "confirm it is a common fault, they will approve or not approve the work". The said this even though it is out of the warranty period but the car is otherwise in very good conditions and only has 43000 miles.

Does anyone else have a 207 outside of the warrany period which they have approved the work for?
Most on here who have had that problem with peugeot up to a 10year old car is repaired free read back the previous posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Yes I have but I was wondering if anyone has a 60 plate or similar like myself that is outside of the warranty period
I've seen several comments on cars over 10 years with the problem but none have ever posted whether they got the problem sorted. You could reply to any of those and they might give you an update?
You could take the hit and get an Independent to code check before you take to a Pug dealer or just take to the dealer and risk it not being the known fault. It's what I did.
If it is the known fault, from what the CS are saying, they should fix it for free. Especially with such low mileage. Why else tell you take it to a dealer to check for the codes?
You can always raise a complaint via Resolver at the same time highlighting how dangerous their actions were in not doing a recall.

· Registered
5 Posts
I've seen several comments on cars over 10 years with the problem but none have ever posted whether they got the problem sorted. You could reply to any of those and they might give you an update?
You could take the hit and get an Independent to code check before you take to a Pug dealer or just take to the dealer and risk it not being the known fault. It's what I did.
If it is the known fault, from what the CS are saying, they should fix it for free. Especially with such low mileage. Why else tell you take it to a dealer to check for the codes?
You can always raise a complaint via Resolver at the same time highlighting how dangerous their actions were in not doing a recall.
Yes I'll do that thanks!

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks a lot! The dealership is trying to get out of it by saying it is now 10 years and 9 months and apparently they only "automatically" cover it up to ten years. In my eyes, a common fault is a common fault, 9 months don't change that.
Will try going through resolver if I don't hear anything by next week!
Would you mind telling us how you got on and if peugeot covered the repairs?

I've just had my diagnostics done which confirmed the issue and the garage is saying that peugeot probably wont cover it and the customer service line keeps telling me my case manager will call me back

· Registered
12 Posts
who did you contacted can you pass me the details please i have 2011 plate and only couple months out of warranty
As 207peugot14 has posted 0800 042 2422 is the Peugot Customer Services Complaints helpline. I assume you've read a few comments as to the problem? PCS will tell you what you need to do.

· Registered
1 Posts
I was so lucky coming up to a mini roundabout when my power steering failed, fortunately I had enough lock on to swerve and miss a car on the roundabout. My Peugeot 207, first registered September 2011 is covered by Peugeot garage. 35000 miles on clock. Waiting for parts now and Peugeot will let me know when it’s ready.

· Registered
12 Posts
I was so lucky coming up to a mini roundabout when my power steering failed, fortunately I had enough lock on to swerve and miss a car on the roundabout. My Peugeot 207, first registered September 2011 is covered by Peugeot garage. 35000 miles on clock. Waiting for parts now and Peugeot will let me know when it’s ready.
Yes, it's a dangerous fault and should have been dealt with via a recall. I'm surprised no one has died.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, so its turns out that my 207 (62 plate) has also decided to spit its dummy out as far as the power steering is concerned.

I had booked it into the closest dealer to me in order to get it sorted (after following advice from here) and was advised by them to contact Peugeot UK (the girl seemed very aware of the existing problem).

I have done that and they have raised a case and I now have a case number and a promise that they will get back to me within 5 days, so fingers crossed there.
In the mean time, is there anything I need to do/could be doing in order to argue my case if it comes to it?

Thanks for all the help so far, the information in here was very useful, and I will update here when I have any new information.

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, so its turns out that my 207 (62 plate) has also decided to spit its dummy out as far as the power steering is concerned.

I had booked it into the closest dealer to me in order to get it sorted (after following advice from here) and was advised by them to contact Peugeot UK (the girl seemed very aware of the existing problem).

I have done that and they have raised a case and I now have a case number and a promise that they will get back to me within 5 days, so fingers crossed there.
In the mean time, is there anything I need to do/could be doing in order to argue my case if it comes to it?

Thanks for all the help so far, the information in here was very useful, and I will update here when I have any new information.
As long as the right codes are showing then it should be fixed free of charge. They seem to have upped their game and dealing with it more fairly now, although disgraceful they haven't done a recall.
I took mine in for a code check and they fixed the problem while I was there, I did wonder why it was taking so long!
I was charged for the diagnostics but did that refunded after going through Peugeot CS.
So, booking a diagnostic and getting the right code, Pug dealer only, may speed things up a little or wait for conformation via your case. I expect they will want the diagnosis done first anyway.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.