Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
OK so spoke to the guy, he said nothing came up in the central screen, just the icon by the odometer.
As for codes, he didn't get them as he just tested for power etc, and as I had power he knew it was the motor. He mentioned 'feet' too.
He told me to get it plugged in at the local garage where it is now (he towed it this morning) and said it'll be about £40. Then call peugeot to see if it's valid for free repair.
Thankyou!
Ah ok thanks for the update,

The problem is now it's at an independent garage you will have to pay for a scan, but unless the scan is done at a peugeot main dealers then peugeot uk will not accept anything at all.

what happened to mine was my local peugeot dealers booked the car in and said i would have to pay the £99 diagnostic fee.

Basically you have to insist to peugeot uk that if its covered by peugeot uk they should pay the whole lot.

My car went in on the 13th jan and was repaired free 100% free, the diagnostic check fee everything,

What area are you in

· Registered
7 Posts
Ah ok thanks for the update,

The problem is now it's at an independent garage you will have to pay for a scan, but unless the scan is done at a peugeot main dealers then peugeot uk will not accept anything at all.

what happened to mine was my local peugeot dealers booked the car in and said i would have to pay the £99 diagnostic fee.

Basically you have to insist to peugeot uk that if its covered by peugeot uk they should pay the whole lot.

My car went in on the 13th jan and was repaired free 100% free, the diagnostic check fee everything,

What area are you in
Ah really!! Well it's sat outside the local garage doing nothing atm as this happened this morning and they're not open til Monday so essentially it might as well be still sat outside my house.
I'm in Devon, there's a local Peugeot dealership 15 min drive away from me so not the end of the world. RAC man said I can still drive it but steering not easy at all, obviously.
Happy to pay the £99 for testing there but if its not valid for free repair, I dread to think what they'll quote, itll be more than £900 for sure, they don't have the best reputation!

Was your issue just the motor too or the whole ECU?
Are all peugeots covered by Peugeot UK then?
Thanks!

· Registered
84 Posts
Ah really!! Well it's sat outside the local garage doing nothing atm as this happened this morning and they're not open til Monday so essentially it might as well be still sat outside my house.
I'm in Devon, there's a local Peugeot dealership 15 min drive away from me so not the end of the world. RAC man said I can still drive it but steering not easy at all, obviously.
Happy to pay the £99 for testing there but if its not valid for free repair, I dread to think what they'll quote, itll be more than £900 for sure, they don't have the best reputation!

Was your issue just the motor too or the whole ECU?
Are all peugeots covered by Peugeot UK then?
Thanks!

Ah miles from me,

I still had to drive my car until it went into the garage for repair as i need it for work,

Bit heavy on the steering but ok if you just take your time,

If you read posts above this my fault codes was C1414 and also C1415

I done a scan myself, and contacted peugeot uk, also i opened a case online with resolver as i was adamant they should cover all costs.

Peugeot uk quite helpful but insisted i had to pay the diagnostic fee as they was kind enough to repair it free, I told them they should cover the whole lot as as far as I am concerned it's a very well known fault and should be a recall but it is not, whatever it costs to put right should be down to them, they then said it will be 100% free.

Just stand your ground and they should cover it all, it sounds tempting to pay the fee but dont fall for it.

My car was the steering module (Motor) that was replaced.

Personally if it was my car i would get it back home, book it into your local peugeot main dealers and then contact peugeot uk and also start a resolver case.

Then drop at peugeot and see what they come back with, as believe me if they could get out of paying for this then they will, even if its the diagnostic fee they will fob you off saying we have repaired it free but you have to pay the diagnostic fee.

This is covered on all peugeot 207 provided they are less than 10 years old, regardless of miles, but the car has to show certain fault codes to qualify for the repair.

· Registered
7 Posts
Ah miles from me,

I still had to drive my car until it went into the garage for repair as i need it for work,

Bit heavy on the steering but ok if you just take your time,

If you read posts above this my fault codes was C1414 and also C1415

I done a scan myself, and contacted peugeot uk, also i opened a case online with resolver as i was adamant they should cover all costs.

Peugeot uk quite helpful but insisted i had to pay the diagnostic fee as they was kind enough to repair it free, I told them they should cover the whole lot as as far as I am concerned it's a very well known fault and should be a recall but it is not, whatever it costs to put right should be down to them, they then said it will be 100% free.

Just stand your ground and they should cover it all, it sounds tempting to pay the fee but dont fall for it.

My car was the steering module (Motor) that was replaced.

Personally if it was my car i would get it back home, book it into your local peugeot main dealers and then contact peugeot uk and also start a resolver case.

Then drop at peugeot and see what they come back with, as believe me if they could get out of paying for this then they will, even if its the diagnostic fee they will fob you off saying we have repaired it free but you have to pay the diagnostic fee.

This is covered on all peugeot 207 provided they are less than 10 years old, regardless of miles, but the car has to show certain fault codes to qualify for the repair.
Thankyou, that is so helpful to know!!
From everyone's posts, I have a (hopeful) feeling it might be the same case for me with codes etc. RAC man mentioned it would probably be c1414 or p0606?
I just wanted to prepare myself to stand my ground and have something to back me up when I speak to peugeot so your reply helps a lot.
A friend has told me that RAC approved garages tend to charge more anyway, had a local garage owner tell me that even 900 was way too high, more like 500-600. Still a lot regardless 😩

· Registered
84 Posts
Thankyou, that is so helpful to know!!
From everyone's posts, I have a (hopeful) feeling it might be the same case for me with codes etc. RAC man mentioned it would probably be c1414 or p0606?
I just wanted to prepare myself to stand my ground and have something to back me up when I speak to peugeot so your reply helps a lot.
A friend has told me that RAC approved garages tend to charge more anyway, had a local garage owner tell me that even 900 was way too high, more like 500-600. Still a lot regardless 😩
Resolver is free and probably helped my case
They can be found here

Peugeot uk customer services number is

As for the cost of the motor,

Plus labour charge in a Peugeot main dealers is alot of wedge,

Plus the diagnostic tests fee...

I would think it's a little less than £900 but regardless it should BE TOTALLY FREE depending on what fault codes are showing up on your car.

Below is a copy of what my local peugeot main dealers gave me on collection of my car.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, can anyone tell me the specific error codes that need to show up to get car fixed for free? So far I know to look out for C1414 and C1415, or just one of those codes is sufficient? Or any other codes I should know? Getting a diagnostic done at local garage before I contact peugeot and get car towed there to get it done. Thanks 🙂

· Registered
84 Posts
Hi, can anyone tell me the specific error codes that need to show up to get car fixed for free? So far I know to look out for C1414 and C1415, or just one of those codes is sufficient? Or any other codes I should know? Getting a diagnostic done at local garage before I contact peugeot and get car towed there to get it done. Thanks 🙂
I'm not 100% sure what specific codes it is that peugeot uk cover the cost on, but apparently there is 5 of them.

Regards Simon

· Registered
1 Posts
I have same problem. Poeer steering started to get 'notchy' and then died.
However according to my V5 my 207SW was registered on 9th Nov 2010. Does anyone know if Peugot will still cover the cost of repair. ??

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, dont know if this thread is still going. My sons car developed the power steering fault a few days ago when I was driving it. After reading this thread I rang my nearest Peugeot dealer and explained all and its booked in tomorrow for diagnostic test but I'm adamant that he's not paying for anything, am I right to stand my ground. Thanks in advance ☺

· Registered
84 Posts
Hi all, dont know if this thread is still going. My sons car developed the power steering fault a few days ago when I was driving it. After reading this thread I rang my nearest Peugeot dealer and explained all and its booked in tomorrow for diagnostic test but I'm adamant that he's not paying for anything, am I right to stand my ground. Thanks in advance ☺
Hi sorry to hear this, it really depends what the fault codes are and if the car meets the criteria of being 10 years old or less.

Please keep us posted

· Registered
5 Posts
If it is less than 10 years since registration, then Peugeot will pay for the repairs. If it is over 10 years, I suggest you are very polite and ask the dealer/Peugeot to still honour the repair of this fault. I also think the mileage would be considered, if it has say 125,000 miles on the clock, then it is different to only having say 75,000 miles. The dealer will usually charge you for the diagnostic, but having said that I was lucky and even though they had said I would have to pay this, they did not charge me.

· Registered
12 Posts
Thanks to everyone on here. Had the PS cut out last year but restarted OK so just left it. A couple of weeks ago it cut out completely but luckily found this site.

I got the PS module changed FOC but the garage charged £99 for the diagnostic and wouldn't budge. Raised Resolver case with Peugeot but ended up ringing CS who were very helpful, £99 to be refunded and said I shouldn't have been charged as the fault was found.

So, as this is time restricted to, I think 10 years, if you get the PS cutting out, even if it restarts, get it checked ASAP for the codes and not leave it like I did. Also, go through Peugeot CS for a refund if you get a garage who charge for the diagnostic if the fault code is found.

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

I've had a long read of all the previous posts but couldn't find this specific answer.
Halfords have just told me I need a replacement unit for the electric power steering and quoted me 800 quid for it. As far as I know that's a common fault in this model and other people have been able to get it covered by Peugeot. It seems though that the cutoff is 10 years, which I am now just over with my 10 plates... Anyone had any experience with getting it covered anyway? Or any other suggestions? Who is the best port of call?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
84 Posts
Hi all,

I've had a long read of all the previous posts but couldn't find this specific answer.
Halfords have just told me I need a replacement unit for the electric power steering and quoted me 800 quid for it. As far as I know that's a common fault in this model and other people have been able to get it covered by Peugeot. It seems though that the cutoff is 10 years, which I am now just over with my 10 plates... Anyone had any experience with getting it covered anyway? Or any other suggestions? Who is the best port of call?

Thanks in advance!
Call peugeot uk customer services

· Registered
27 Posts
I got a result, see the last message in the thread below for details which mentions the Peugeot Warranty limit.

:cool:

61 - 80 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.