Peugeot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great thread, thank you everyone. Does anyone know if it is possible to get this done for free by a local garage, rather than a Peugeot dealer? I am some way from an official dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I would update on this. I tried the various recommendations (like balancing tyre pressures, revving engine) to no avail, the steering was still heavy and power steering did not operate. However, it was drive-able, even though it sounded odd and felt strange when barely moving, once it got rolling above 5mph or so, it was fine just heavier steering. I took it to local garage and was charged £36 to check the fault code, which was P0606. A phone call to nearest Peugeot dealer (25 miles away) and I have to say I was very impressed, although I should have taken it in for them to check code, then wait for the order of the part and return again, they agreed to get the part in and check/replace in one go. Fortunately the code appeared on their check and it was replaced free of any charge, less than 2 hours and they cleaned my car!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well well well,
Looks like I've joined this power steering failure club today,

Cars been fine literally parked up for 10 mins then went to drive off and no power steering.

My car just came up with "power steering fault" displayed on the dash and also a warning light on the dash board.

I've got peugeot planet so should i scan it before contacting Peugeot to see what code come up or not...

My car is a Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi 2011 model with 83,000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well well well,
Looks like I've joined this power steering failure club today,

Cars been fine literally parked up for 10 mins then went to drive off and no power steering.

My car just came up with "power steering fault" displayed on the dash and also a warning light on the dash board.

I've got peugeot planet so should i scan it before contacting Peugeot to see what code come up or not...

My car is a Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi 2011 model with 83,000 miles on the clock.
I don't know what Peugeot Planet is, but if it gives you the fault codes then I would check and see what comes up. I believe there is a 10 year limit to get a free replacement, so your car falls into that period.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, This thread has been very useful, I am in a similar situation, My daughter car Peugeot 207 2010 plate only done 88,200 mile, she was driving to work when suddenly the power steering failed ( scary), called the RAC who initially diagnosed power steering motor with error code P0606, so after reading this thread, got the car book with dealer in Bradford on the 7th Jan, what are my chances the Peugeot will fix this for free

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok well below is a picture of what was showing on my dash display.

So i done a scan on the car using diagbox/Peugeot planet which is here below.

The codes it is showing up is C1414 & C1415 and apparently this should be covered on your peugeot/citroen if it is less than 10 years old.

I'm now going to contact my local peugeot main dealers and see what they have to say, and will of course report back with the outcome.

Best regards simon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Called the local dealers explained the codes and said it's a good will gesture that's covered by peugeot/citroen and told them the codes,

I was told my car is out of warranty and it's not down as a recall, I again explained i know it's not down as a recall but apparently it's a good will gesture or whatever you wish to call it that is covered by peugeot/citroen if my car is less than 10 years old.

I was asked to hold the line, they came back saying it is a good will gesture but you have to pay to get the car diagnostic charge.
I said i already have that info but if peugeot/citroen wish to plug the car in again then why should i have to pay the charge, it should be covered by the good will gesture.

my local main dealers want to charge to look at the car and unless i pay the £99 diagnostic check they dont want to know,

I've told them the codes and also said i can email them the scan but they say i have to pay as they have to do the diagnostic check and forward that onto peugeot/citroen

Well in the end I've booked the car in and it's the soonest date 13th Jan 2021, I explained I'm not happy with the charge and also the situation of not having a car, and how long i have to wait to get it looked at, and informed them i will contact peugeot uk for advice.

Best regards simon

·
Registered
51 Posts
My car has now been repaired FREE OF CHARGE, the cost of the repair and the diagnostic check was all 100% covered by Peugeot Uk

so all I can say is stick to your guns and stand firm on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car has now been repaired FREE OF CHARGE, the cost of the repair and the diagnostic check was all 100% covered by Peugeot Uk

so all I can say is stick to your guns and stand firm on it.
Excellent, thank you for the update. Peugeot is doing the honourable thing here, which endears me more to buying one in future.:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Excellent, thank you for the update. Peugeot is doing the honourable thing here, which endears me more to buying one in future.:)
That they are but if you do have this problem then make sure you stand firm and expect them to pay the whole bill, they was saying i had to pay the diagnostic check but in the end said the repair is covered 100% by peugeot uk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, so this morning my steering wheel flashed up and beeped, and I couldnt turn the wheel for love nor money. It a 61 plate 207, I've done 44,000 miles. I don't have an extended warrantee, I assume. Bought it from a car dealership (not Peugeot specific). The RAC did their diagnostics and its the motor etc and have been quoted up to £900 to get it fixed. Is it worth me contacting RAC to ask for the error codes and calling local Peugeot garage then? Or do you have to have an extended warranty? (I was at work when RAC came to my home where I'd left the car with my other half)
Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, so this morning my steering wheel flashed up and beeped, and I couldnt turn the wheel for love nor money. It a 61 plate 207, I've done 44,000 miles. I don't have an extended warrantee, I assume. Bought it from a car dealership (not Peugeot specific). The RAC did their diagnostics and its the motor etc and have been quoted up to £900 to get it fixed. Is it worth me contacting RAC to ask for the error codes and calling local Peugeot garage then? Or do you have to have an extended warranty? (I was at work when RAC came to my home where I'd left the car with my other half)
Thanks!
Hi
Yes most definitely see what the codes was that the car was displayed.

Then report back here as depending what codes are showing will depend on your next option.

As for your car mileage is irrelevant, but the car has to be under 10 years old, when was your car first registered.

The car does not need an extended warranty as it is covered by peugeot uk as a good will gesture or whatever they wish to call it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
Yes most definitely see what the codes was that the car was displayed.

Then report back here as depending what codes are showing will depend on your next option.

As for your car mileage is irrelevant, but the car has to be under 10 years old, when was your car first registered.

The car does not need an extended warranty as it is covered by peugeot uk as a good will gesture or whatever they wish to call it.
Thankyou for replying, helpful to know about warranty etc. I called RAC guy, he said to ask the local garage for the codes when they double check diagnostics on Monday morning and if they show the correct codes, to then call local Peugeot garage. (think he was in the middle of a job when I called!) He also said that there was no recall warning when he tested the car and that he doesn't think I'd have much luck with peugeot tbh.
He said its not the Ecu in my car that's the issue, its the actual motor as I have power going through.
What a hassle, it'll be worth a shot just trying though, 900 quid god help me.
As soon as I find out codes on Monday morning I'll post them on here and see what people say!
Thankyou 🙂

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thankyou for replying, helpful to know about warranty etc. I called RAC guy, he said to ask the local garage for the codes when they double check diagnostics on Monday morning and if they show the correct codes, to then call local Peugeot garage. (think he was in the middle of a job when I called!) He also said that there was no recall warning when he tested the car and that he doesn't think I'd have much luck with peugeot tbh.
He said its not the Ecu in my car that's the issue, its the actual motor as I have power going through.
As soon as I find out codes on Monday morning I'll post them on here and see what people say!
Thankyou 🙂
Can you answer the following questions please.

When was your car first registered.

Does the car show anything up on the dashboard display in the centre of the car.

The RAC if they scanned the car then they should have a code that came up, what's that code?

The reason i ask is that when you take it to another garage to be scanned then that will cost you money, and as you obviously have rac membership they have already scanned it.

As for it being a recall fault it is not on the recall list so it will not show up as a recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thankyou 🙂
It's worth noting I've checked my number plate with the 2011 207 recalls, it's not a recall unfortunately!
Can you answer the following questions please.

When was your car first registered.

Does the car show anything up on the dashboard display in the centre of the car.

The RAC if they scanned the car then they should have a code that came up, what's that code?

The reason i ask is that when you take it to another garage to be scanned then that will cost you money, and as you obviously have rac membership they have already scanned it.

As for it being a recall fault it is not on the recall list so it will not show up as a recall.
Hi, thanks for replying.
It was registered October 2011, and as I was in a panic needing to go to work, I didn't look at the central screen with clock etc, the car made a beeping sound when I started it up and the little steering wheel icon with an exclamation mark lit up by the odometer.

I called the RAC guy, he didn't give me the code, just told me to call garage on Monday but I don't want to pay for another diagnostic so I may call again and push him for them!
Sorry I couldn't be more useful. I'll also ask him about if it said power steering faulty too.
Thankyou!

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's worth noting I've checked my number plate with the 2011 207 recalls, it's not a recall unfortunately!

Hi, thanks for replying.
It was registered October 2011, and as I was in a panic needing to go to work, I didn't look at the central screen with clock etc, the car made a beeping sound when I started it up and the little steering wheel icon with an exclamation mark lit up by the odometer.

I called the RAC guy, he didn't give me the code, just told me to call garage on Monday but I don't want to pay for another diagnostic so I may call again and push him for them!
Sorry I couldn't be more useful. I'll also ask him about if it said power steering faulty too.
Thankyou!
This fault is not a recall by peugeot uk (it should be but it's not hence the free repair) it's a repair they do under a good will gesture or whatever they wish to describe it as.

By the information you have given your car is covered by this repair depending on the fault codes the code reader displayed.

Is the car still at your house, if so please go and start it up, it should make a beep show a display on the centre console display that then goes of but then shows a constant display on the main dashboard to the right

·
Registered
7 Posts
This fault is not a recall by peugeot uk (it should be but it's not hence the free repair) it's a repair they do under a good will gesture or whatever they wish to describe it as.

By the information you have given your car is covered by this repair depending on the fault codes the code reader displayed.

Is the car still at your house, if so please go and start it up, it should make a beep show a display on the centre console display that then goes of but then shows a constant display on the main dashboard to the right
OK so spoke to the guy, he said nothing came up in the central screen, just the icon by the odometer.
As for codes, he didn't get them as he just tested for power etc, and as I had power he knew it was the motor. He mentioned 'feet' too.
He told me to get it plugged in at the local garage where it is now (he towed it this morning) and said it'll be about £40. Then call peugeot to see if it's valid for free repair.
Thankyou!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts