Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to be clear, the extended warranty covers all Peugeot cars with this issue? Irrelevant to how many people previously owned it? I bought it used from a garage so I don’t know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I´ve experienced the same issue with my Peugeot 207 2012, thanks to this forum I booked an appointment (diagnostic) and today I picked up my car from Peugeot Bradford and the power steering issue has been rectified completely free of charge.
Irrelevant how many previous people owned it, I bought this car last year from a garage too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amazing Zuzana, I’ve booked my into Peugeot for this Friday, I’ll update you guys. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, 2011 207cc, bought in SW France about 5 years ago and three days ago the power steering fault came up. I called Peugeot in Marmande and have a control being done on Wednesday to see what codes come up. Thanks for everyone posting, I do hope mine gets resolved for free because with this confinement, well, life has been different for sure! Stay well, keep a social distance, wash your hands often and wear a mask!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good news guys!!! Just half an hour after I left my car with Peugeot, they called back to say it’s all gonna be free! I need to wait a couple of days for the part to come but I don’t mind at all when they’re covering everything! Good luck to everyone having the same issue :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
i had the fault come up on my 207 2010 about 2/3 weeks ago. After reading this thread around the same time, i have finally booked in for a diagnostic test tomorrow which I have to pay for. I said to them, thanks to you guys, that its a known fault and that Peugeot will need to pay for the repair, but they said unless i know the exact fault, i.e. what they need to to repair, they don't know what to order and check that it will be covered hence why i have to pay £106 for the test.

I just hope its all covered and it will get repaired. Any advice on getting this diagnostic money back if it turns out that the repair is covered my Peugeot?

My experience since the first time the fault came up:
I have notice that if you stop and start the car again it will work plus when moving the car after its been stationary for a while, as long as i initially rev a drive a bit fast for the first 2-5mins, it wont fault out. Also if it faults out and doesn't go away after turning off the engine and starting again; get yourself to a safe place if possible, wait about 5-15 and it might work again. This happen to me last week and i quickly pulled into a nearby closed garage kept on trying stop and start but it kept on locking. I decided to chill and not stress and contemplated calling AA as I needed to take an A road to get home and didn't want to drive with a stiff wheel, thought i would try one more time and it worked. In all i was there for about 15min.

This is what i have been doing but didn't want to risk for too long and then completely breaking down in a not so good situation hence why i'm just taking the hit and getting it fixed now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Angel, in my case they said I won’t have to pay for the diagnostic if they cover everything else plus I called RAC when this first came on and they checked the fault codes already so I had an idea it would be the issue that they do cover. In my case, the steering went all at once and never went back to working. If you don’t wanna waste the money for the diagnostic I’d suggest having the fault codes checked before booking it with Peugeot but garages will charge for that too sometimes... unless you have one of those little code checkers

·
Registered
6 Posts
:rolleyes:
mines coming up DTC 047 -No communication with the power steering ECU - Permanent fault
Peugeot have told me there's a £128 fee to read it although I already know the code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to be clear, the extended warranty covers all Peugeot cars with this issue? Irrelevant to how many people previously owned it? I bought it used from a garage so I don’t know.
Hi All,
i had the fault come up on my 207 2010 about 2/3 weeks ago. After reading this thread around the same time, i have finally booked in for a diagnostic test tomorrow which I have to pay for. I said to them, thanks to you guys, that its a known fault and that Peugeot will need to pay for the repair, but they said unless i know the exact fault, i.e. what they need to to repair, they don't know what to order and check that it will be covered hence why i have to pay £106 for the test.

I just hope its all covered and it will get repaired. Any advice on getting this diagnostic money back if it turns out that the repair is covered my Peugeot?

My experience since the first time the fault came up:
I have notice that if you stop and start the car again it will work plus when moving the car after its been stationary for a while, as long as i initially rev a drive a bit fast for the first 2-5mins, it wont fault out. Also if it faults out and doesn't go away after turning off the engine and starting again; get yourself to a safe place if possible, wait about 5-15 and it might work again. This happen to me last week and i quickly pulled into a nearby closed garage kept on trying stop and start but it kept on locking. I decided to chill and not stress and contemplated calling AA as I needed to take an A road to get home and didn't want to drive with a stiff wheel, thought i would try one more time and it worked. In all i was there for about 15min.

This is what i have been doing but didn't want to risk for too long and then completely breaking down in a not so good situation hence why i'm just taking the hit and getting it fixed now.
Hi . I had exactly the same fault happen to me with my 2010 207 and thank you to this forum I booked mine in for the diagnostics with Peugeot who also told me that yes if it the error codes were for this fault then the cost would be covered. After leaving my car with them the lady then called me back to say , it is the exact fault but unfortunately because my car was 10 years old in the 31st of march 2020 they would not cover the cost. I went back to them with the argument that I have been working from home since early march after my son was sent home from school due to covid 19 but they still refused to cover the cost.
I personally dont agree with their decision due to how we have a been on lock down. And maybe if we hadnt of been, the fault may of shown sooner meaning would be covered! Any suggestion anyone
??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Sarah & Nene , can i ask how many miles your cars have covered as my daughters car has only done 26,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI Sarah, just seeing this. Well my car would be 10 years in Oct 2020 and I've done just over 90,000. I would say call peugeot directly and see what they say. If they give you confirmation that the repair would be covered by them, take the proof to your garage and they would be be force to honour it and deal with getting paid from peugeot themselves.
Otherwise just take it to another dealership.

Update on my experience:
My was fixed and had to still pay the £106 diagnostics fee even though i told them the code before they carried out the work. I tired to argue slightly that the i am literally paying £106 for printed paper, but i was too tired and overworked; I'm a key worker; to give them a proper argument to my standards as i just wanted to go to sleep so just paid and got the hell out of there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI Sarah, just seeing this. Well my car would be 10 years in Oct 2020 and I've done just over 90,000. I would say call peugeot directly and see what they say. If they give you confirmation that the repair would be covered by them, take the proof to your garage and they would be be force to honour it and deal with getting paid from peugeot themselves.
Otherwise just take it to another dealership.

Update on my experience:
My was fixed and had to still pay the £106 diagnostics fee even though i told them the code before they carried out the work. I tired to argue slightly that the i am literally paying £106 for printed paper, but i was too tired and overworked; I'm a key worker; to give them a proper argument to my standards as i just wanted to go to sleep so just paid and got the hell out of there.
Hi. I ended up paying for my repair. I called customer service for Peugeot and a lady took on the case . She then contacted the garage then called me back just to tell me ..again no . Sorry she then asked me my mileage and to see if I could and %of my repair cost back but then again was told unfortunately due to mileage my repair wouldnt be covered my Peugeot. :( I will not be buying or would not recommend Peugeot ever! . I think I'm just cursed haha if anyone has any advice of what I can do or contact numbers I could claim the money back I would appreciate it. X

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I ended up paying for my repair. I called customer service for Peugeot and a lady took on the case . She then contacted the garage then called me back just to tell me ..again no . Sorry she then asked me my mileage and to see if I could and %of my repair cost back but then again was told unfortunately due to mileage my repair wouldn't be covered my Peugeot. :( I will not be buying or would not recommend Peugeot ever! . I think I'm just cursed haha if anyone has any advice of what I can do or contact numbers I could claim the money back I would appreciate it. X
so sorry to hear Sarah. Although i love my car the down fall of Peugeot is that they use expensive parts making them annoying when you need something repaired. However so far, they are the only one i know off that is reasonably priced and good for commuting on 'A' roads and motorways (I do an avg. 50miles a day).

i hope someone can post something that can help your situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I would just like to say a BIG thank you to all those who put info on about the steering ecu issue. My wife's car 207 cc 2012 developed the fault last week, I read the info on the forum and tried my luck. Stone acre in Stafford, sorted it out for me with Peugeot and did not charge for any diagnostics. All I did was mention the issue and the forum and 24 hours later all sorted and £608 saved ....awesome, thank you all for sharing .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I ended up paying for my repair. I called customer service for Peugeot and a lady took on the case . She then contacted the garage then called me back just to tell me ..again no . Sorry she then asked me my mileage and to see if I could and %of my repair cost back but then again was told unfortunately due to mileage my repair wouldnt be covered my Peugeot. :( I will not be buying or would not recommend Peugeot ever! . I think I'm just cursed haha if anyone has any advice of what I can do or contact numbers I could claim the money back I would appreciate it. X
Could I ask how much it cost as mine has come up with same fault but Slightly different code and it’s a 59 plate thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am new to the Forum. I have a 207, just this morning I experienced a problem with it, the steering wheel 'judders' when driving below 40, over that it is smooth. The warning light didn't come on so am puzzled by this! It is due for a service by a very competent mechanic but should I be contact Peugeot if this is a manufacturers fault? Cheers!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd start with checking the wheels' balance first, if it started doing this just now chances are you either hit a pothole hard or a wheel weight fell off.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts