Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is the first time I have used a forum so need some help
I have a 2011 Peugeot 207 HDi with 75,000 miles on the clock

2 weeks ago I had a loud banging and clanging noise coming from somewhere under the engine, the car still drove fine, no loss of power just this noise.

The garage who I took it to told me that the Air Conditioning Unit had gone, including the clutch and needed replacing and that the clutch from the unit was banging against other bits in the engine causing the noise.

I had not had any air conditioning in the car for a year, and I thought the gas had just ran out and as it is good old England didn't think it would matter not to have the unit re-gassed! But apparently I could NOT do without having this unit replaced......something about belts and the rest went over my head.

The first unit they fitted worked for 2 days then became intermittent, so back to the garage the car went. Apparently the "Clutch" was faulty so they had to put a new unit it, and re-gas and re-test.

I got the car back on Friday 8th September drove the car perhaps 60 miles over the weekend and to work but on the evening of Monday 11th the car broke down at a roundabout with the dash flashing at me "POWER STEERING FAILIRE" and the steering wheel went so stiff I could not turn it in any direction other than to go straight.

I had no warning what so ever, the wheel just stiffened up and I was stuck in a lay by in the dark!

I looked up lots of forums and checked the fuses and now understand I have no reservoir for the power steering unit.....but I cant help but think this is no co-incidence that the Air Con Unit needed to be completely replaced and now the Power Steering Is Knackered??

Any suggestions or help would be grateful

thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Your car should have an electric steering unit, not driven by the auxiliary belt, so unrelated to your a/c failure. If it was just a fuse, you should have had some sort of steering, just heavy, so sounds like you have a serious failure internally in the rack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
207 power steering failure

Thank you, yes it seems that there is a BIG expensive problem:mad:
thank you for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts