Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Pug 207 Sport 1.4 16v 58 plate, power steering stopped working on startup, then ABS warnings, pollution warnings etc came on too.

AA came out, looked at codes and reset them all, was fine last night, this morning, P/S not working again...

Any thoughts as to what this could be?

Cheers!

·
6,461 Posts
If battery is ok faulty alternator either over or under charging would be my guess.

What were the codes AA cleared did they say

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not certain if the batter is okay as when the AA guy was in the van, I saw on his machine that it was reading 11.6V with the engine off, - could this just be a battery issue perhaps?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not certain if the batter is okay as when the AA guy was in the van, I saw on his machine that it was reading 11.6V with the engine off, - could this just be a battery issue perhaps?
11.6V at rest is effectively empty, this PDF says 10% charge at 11.7V. If a fair bit of current current is being drawn, or was just drawn, voltage will show lower than at rest though. If the engine was recently on and the alternator charging, it would read comparatively higher than it would at rest.

A poor battery can cause the car to throw up a bunch of more or less random errors if the computers gets confused due to inadequate power supply. As you try to start on a deeply discharged battery, the voltage will drop further.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Water ingress issue?
Don't exclude this, did not need to happen overnight, could have got wet some time ago and has slowly worked it's way into the loom/fuse box etc and caused corrosion. It is a well documented peugeot fault. Have a look... ;)

11.6V is NOT good though ! You should load test battery and confirm charging system is working efficiently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts