Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am considering purchasing a 207xt petrol model. Just wondered if any of you have any suggestions or opinions or to look out for anything in particular. I was comparing it with the VW Polo.

Thanks.

G

·
Avoid the turbos, and have it professionally inspected prior to purchase, and haggle the best and longest warranty you can. The 1.6 isn't really quick, but is revvy and fun. However, the HDi is slower overall the available power is much more accessible and it is genuinely far nicer and quicker in normal road driving conditions.

Dealers will haggle hard on the price new, and if you're tough talking it isn't worth buying a 1 or 2 year old model because you can get new for less money. I had an £11,450 1.4 petrol new for £7400. When I traded it in a year later the dealer put it up for sale used for more than I'd paid new.

The car really in a different size league to the Poloi, not really a natural alternative. The Polo has a dire rep in the rade, anf the new one is little different, though the public prefer to swallow VWs glossy advertising.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thanks mate. The polos do seem very popular. I am thinking of the 207xt 1.6 petrol. It also has the glass roof which adds something for me. Cause I haven't owned the peugot before, I wasn't sure about how reliable the engine and the make is.

G

·
You should be on fairly safe ground with the 1.6 sparker. The timing faults that afflict the turbos can hit the turbos can also hit the non tubby, but it's much rarer, and by getting the petroil you avoid the DMF and FAP issues that the diseasels suffer as they age.

While the finish and trim on the 207 is fair and better than previous pugs, it's a major step better on the 308, easily Golf standards. The 308 handles and brakes better too, but because it isn't such a popular seller you could probably get the same engine in a 308 for the same price of less used. A nice 308 Sport with that motor is a very nice car indeed to drive. Worth a test thrash at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts