Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
56 plate 207 SW, 1.6 petrol

A lady on my estate has a non-starter, i've been through the obvious areas first (key in ignition with door open), had the car on diagbox and nothing to report.

The car very nearly fires up as the engine is cranking, but just doesn't do enough to ignite. The plugs have been checked, all ok. Compression ok. Timing ok. Injection tested - all ok. Airflow ok.

There's a strong smell of petrol as the engine cranks.

Diagbox had 2 fault codes;

P0343 (camshaft sensor, intermittent). Mechanic removed this to test, so he reckons the fault code was generated when it was unplugged.

F303 vague BSI config fault

Live data all looked ok, apart from crankshaft position registered one minute, then didn't register the next. Engine speed when cranking was around 220 - 280rpm.

The other iffy area was intake pressure. Reference value -1200mbar, actual -700mbar. Yes, negative values. Turned the engine over with boost on the intake - no difference.

My thoughts are that there's a dodgy crank sensor and possibly IAT sensor, causing the engine to over-fuel (hence the heavy fuel smell). Between myself and a respected mechanic, we can't work it out

Am i on the right path or am i missing something? It's been a while since i've been under a peugeot bonnet,

·
Registered
877 Posts
always check for water ingress, pull all main plugs from ecu and fusebox have a good look for damp/green/damaged pins.
was a post not long ago where water had found its way to the bsi.

think sometimes a camshaft code is a crankshaft code with standard obd2 readers.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used Diagbox, wouldn't attempt diagnosis with anything else!

I'll suggest checking the glove compartment fuse box.

Still can't get my head around the negative intake pressure....

·
6,587 Posts
Unplug MAF so car uses default values and crank with throttle pedal held fully down (this should put car into flooded mode) and disable injectors until ECU sees car trying to fire

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
lets start with basics, make sure the doors are closed, after trying to start the car, turn the key off and leave it in the ignition, open drivers does the car beep to say key is in ignition?

·
6,587 Posts
He has tested that and beeps based on opening post

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lets start with basics, make sure the doors are closed, after trying to start the car, turn the key off and leave it in the ignition, open drivers does the car beep to say key is in ignition?
I've spent enough time under my former 307's bonnet to know that's the best place to start :D haha.

Windy's point about the MAF is possibly the way to go, intake pressure anomalous, strong smell of petrol. However airflow readings looked ok. I've told the car owner to get the mechanic to try the MAF unplugged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts