Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted some advise for renewing my front headlights on my 207...
Basically, they're not in 'bad' condition, but they do have some imperfections, almost like minor cracks (see attachments).

Anybody seen this before? Will a headlight restoration kit bring this back to new condition?

Thanks in advance!
Will

Attachments

Registered
I haven't tried any restoration kits, but I did sort the headlights in a 307 and a fiesta fusion with similar issues, I used p1500 wet n dry, wet sanded, then polished using a buffer and farecla G3 compound, finished with a coat of wax. 馃憤

Registered
Hi all,

Just wanted some advise for renewing my front headlights on my 207...
Basically, they're not in 'bad' condition, but they do have some imperfections, almost like minor cracks (see attachments).

Anybody seen this before? Will a headlight restoration kit bring this back to new condition?

Thanks in advance!
Will
Mine came up really well and I used the Megs headlight one step restoration kit and lots of elbow grease. Had enough of the plastic cleaner to wipe the rear lights to remove the minor scratches.

Halfrauds have an offer on for it atm - 拢17.60 than 拢22

Registered
Don't be scared there's plenty of meat in there.

Eq:
1. Quality sanding block for wet use, or you can use a flip flop.
2. P400 wet & dry 1 sheet just go over and get most of the highs off
3. P800 wet & dry 1 sheet use this to get an even feel
4. P2000 wet & dry 1 sheet final use this to smooth up the headlights to a dull shine
5. good quality water soluble cutting compound
6. flanel rags & buff

Just work your way with water and wet and dry start with 400 and work you way unto the 2000, then give the headlights a good buff with the cutting compound and machine.

they will restore to 100% clear, and last about 6 months and all you will need is a light P2000 and buff to bring them up again.
I have experimented with clear after and this make it last about 1 year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts