Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can anybody help the headlights on my 207 have started blooming / hazy on the top of the headlight, does anybody know if I can clean these up thank you

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, A couple of my friends have cleaned up hazy headlight lenses (which failed the MoT) with toothpaste and say it worked very well indeed. I believe it needs to be standard white tooth paste and not the sort with "cooling crystals" etc. You use it with a soft cloth and polish away at the plastic lens. It does take a little while I'm told and not just a few minutes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello can anybody help the headlights on my 207 have started blooming / hazy on the top of the headlight, does anybody know if I can clean these up thank you
How bad is it? Toothpaste will do it and there are other products on the market like Quixx that do the job as well.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Some interesting videos on youtube regarding cleaning up hazy lights. The cure seems counter productive as most use very fine grit abrasive papers then finsish off spraying with a clear laquer. They look good afterwards though. Intend doing my sons 207 when the weather is reasonably predictable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i use t cut then polish them with a quality wax,dont be tempted to buy the cheap stuff from pound shops,its useless,as the price reflects

·
Registered
4 Posts
rub them all over with 1500grit wet and dry sandpaper soaked in slightly soapy water.them clean them thoroughly with alcohol.spray them with gloss lacquer.do 3 coats.job done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
rub them all over with 1500grit wet and dry sandpaper soaked in slightly soapy water.them clean them thoroughly with alcohol.spray them with gloss lacquer.do 3 coats.job done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts