Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, looking for a bit of help please. My fiance has had a 207 sw outdoor 1.6 Hsu for a while, it only has 33k and about 3 week's ago, it seemed to lose much of its power, as if it didn't have a turbo.

I took it to the garage who diagnosed that there was no vacuum pressure to operate the wastegate, although the wastegate itself functions correctly (verified myself by sucking on some vacuum hose) and sure enough there is no vacuum from the pipe when removed from the wastegate. Here's a quick picture

uploadfromtaptalk1437917545093.jpg

Now the garage, and latterly me, have scanned the ecu and it shows a pending fault with the wastegate solenoid valve, which presumably is stopping the vacuum being applied to the wastegate

uploadfromtaptalk1437917672179.jpg

So, I've been trying to locate this valve by following the vacuum hose but the whole thing disappears behind the engine, and I simply can't trace it.

uploadfromtaptalk1437917754936.jpg

Can anybody advise me where this valve is located?

Thanks,
Rich.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If its where I think it is you need to take the airbox out and you can access it from there, but not very easily because you can hardly see what you are doing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its where I think it is you need to take the airbox out and you can access it from there, but not very easily because you can hardly see what you are doing
Thanks Joe, I was worried that you might say that.

Is there anyway of identifying which one is valve 'A' or will there only be one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for this, I don't suppose you have a higher resolution image? It's just I can't make it out once zoomed in. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much, this picture really helps.

For diagnosis purposes, is it okay to bypass the valve in this diagram so I can see whether this resolves the issues and restores boost?

I'll get the airbox off one night this week, then I can check for anything silly, such as a pipe that's come off or something

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sitrep: I located the valve, removed it, checked all the vacuum pipes condition and all seems fine. There is definitely a vacuum at the solenoid valve.

I then replaced the solenoid valve tonight with a brand new pierburg item, and the fault remains the same; there's a vacuum into the solenoid valve, but not out of it.

The diagnostic reader still shows a pending fault with this solenoid valve, and the fault doesn't clear.

The diagnostic software doesn't show any logged faults, and there are still no error codes.

The electrical connector appears to be in good condition, as do the cables as they enter the copex part of the wiring loom

I don't know what else to try, can anybody please help me or advise of other checks and tests I can undertake?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Might sound silly but have you tried swapping the vacuum pipes at the valve around, sometimes easy to get them mixed up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might sound silly but have you tried swapping the vacuum pipes at the valve around, sometimes easy to get them mixed up.
I painted tally marks into each pipe before removal so I didn't make this mistake, but cheers for the suggestion.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is an unusual one.

I would start, because its easy, by testing the servo. With engine stopped pump the brakes until they go rock hard and have no give, hold pressure on the brake pedal and start the engine. The brake pedal should move towards the floor some what.

If not you have a possible servo problem.

If you can find a suitable piece i would connect the 2 vacuum pipes together, eliminating the valve to determine if it has sufficient vacuum to open waste gate.

At the valve you have vacuum, how much vacuum, enough to hold an A4 sheet of paper, a marble?

Perhaps a vacuum pump problem, maybe?

·
Registered
241 Posts
This is odd, so there's vacuum getting to the solenoid, but it never comes back out?
If the ECU is showing a permanent electric fault for it then maybe it's not sending a signal to it at all to prevent damage.

I wouldn't waste your time chasing the vacuum as you've clearly stated you have it before the solenoid. The only fault you have in the ECU is related to the electro valve circuit? so I would imagine there is a wiring fault, or an internal fault in the ECU.

Personally I would take the wiring loom out, take the wire out all the way along and find the break in the wire, that's almost all it could be, if not the ECU but that seems unlikely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, thought I'd give you all an update. There was no logical reasons left for this fault, so I ended up reluctantly taking it into a Peugeot dealership.

For £96 an hour Labour (!) They have diagnosed that the fault has been water ingress in the fusebox, and have to replace the fusebox as the corrosion is beyond clean up. For £180 I'm just letting them do it, as time is not on my side and I need the warranty of knowing that is indeed the cause of the problems.

We're also getting new front tyres and the leaking oil sump replaced at the same time, so £555 later, it should be good as new!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts