Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm hoping to pick some brains on here hopefully.

I have a 2006 hdi gt 110 diesel and I had a leaky injector seal. Got that repaired and changed the pipe coming off the turbo as that blew it's arse out and a new battery!.

After getting it all fixed I took it away and after a little drive it started to get sluggish again like it did when the injector seal was gone. Thought nothing of it and carried on til I took it to garage later and then on the way to the garage I dropped down a gear and BANG! The top of my intercooler blew off!!.

I had De pollution system fault come up whilst driving and also egr valve ages ago but not any more.

Would be much appreciated if anyone has any info ??

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi I'm hoping to pick some brains on here hopefully.

I have a 2006 hdi gt 110 diesel and I had a leaky injector seal. Got that repaired and changed the pipe coming off the turbo as that blew it's arse out and a new battery!.

After getting it all fixed I took it away and after a little drive it started to get sluggish again like it did when the injector seal was gone. Thought nothing of it and carried on til I took it to garage later and then on the way to the garage I dropped down a gear and BANG! The top of my intercooler blew off!!.

I had De pollution system fault come up whilst driving and also egr valve ages ago but not any more.

Would be much appreciated if anyone has any info ??
sounds like you have some back pressure check the cat has not collapsed and if it has a dpf check its not blocked

·
Registered
173 Posts
The dpf is after the cat could be an issue with it but should be putting a light on saying there's a problem really if it isn't there probably isn't anything wrong with it. Does it feel short of power at all?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just a thought, but it sounds like you're getting too much turbo pressure, but to get enough to blow the intercooler in half sounds like a lot, and also enough to pop the boost pipe is a lot, which makes me think is it something to do with the double air doser valve jamming shut after the intercooler and then there is nowhere for the air to go resulting in popped pipes/intercooler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts