Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My mothers 207 has developed a problem that's looking like an intermittent electrical gremlin.

Twice now whilst driving the car, the oil temp gauge suddenly drops to zero then the headlights, fog lights and wipers come on despite the switches being in the off position.

If she stops the car and restarts it clears and the car runs normally (until it happens again).

She had into a garage who couldn't find a fault on the OBD system.

I'm a bit worried as she is getting on and I don't want her stranded.

Can anyone offer any advice or pointers?

Many thanks

David

·
6,461 Posts
check the under bonnet fuse box for water ingress as its a common issue with similar symptoms

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check the under bonnet fuse box for water ingress as its a common issue with similar symptoms
Thanks mate - I had a look and the lid seemed loose and the seal was very displaced and soaking wet.

I have put the seal back and refitted the lid which is now tight so hopefully that’s it sorted.

Many thanks for that great advice, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's not just the fuse box cover that you need to check for water tightness. The loom plugs that go into the sockets on the fusebox need looking at too. Water can run up the loom cable from a faulty washer pump (and, I believe, from a faulty temperature sender unit) and into the plug which then corrodes the contacts in the socket. My brother-in-law's 207 had a faulty washer pump and the water ingress corroded away a set of pins in one socket which caused a lot of interesting electrical problems. A new pump and a new fusebox solved the problem but it wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not just the fuse box cover that you need to check for water tightness. The loom plugs that go into the sockets on the fusebox need looking at too. Water can run up the loom cable from a faulty washer pump (and, I believe, from a faulty temperature sender unit) and into the plug which then corrodes the contacts in the socket. My brother-in-law's 207 had a faulty washer pump and the water ingress corroded away a set of pins in one socket which caused a lot of interesting electrical problems. A new pump and a new fusebox solved the problem but it wasn't cheap.
Cheers mate, just popped out and had a quick look, it seems dry but will keep an eye on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts