Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all out there,

We have a Peugeot 2007 HDI 207 that stalls after starting it in the mornings.
It doesn't do it every day but is slowly getting more frequent, it will start straight away then stall after about 5-10 seconds then has trouble restarting. If you get out and pump the fuel primer it will restart pretty good otherwise it will crank for a long period before restarting. Once it starts it will run all day with no problems at all unless you leave it all day sometimes it will do it again, I have had a look around the Forums and having trouble finding anyone with the same problem, here is a list of what I have done so far.
Checked for fuel leaks.
Replaced the fuel filter.
Replaced all front fuel lines (Genuine Parts)
Scan tool sometimes comes up with Depollution fault but only after vehicle won't start sometimes.
If you face the front of the car downhill it doesn't seem to play up.
Thanks for looking any help would be good.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hello all out there,

We have a Peugeot 2007 HDI 207 that stalls after starting it in the mornings.
It doesn't do it every day but is slowly getting more frequent, it will start straight away then stall after about 5-10 seconds then has trouble restarting. If you get out and pump the fuel primer it will restart
pretty good otherwise it will crank for a long period before restarting. Once it starts it will run all day with no problems at all unless you leave it all day sometimes it will do it again, I have had a look around the Forums and having trouble finding anyone with the same problem, here is a list of what I have done so far.
Checked for fuel leaks.
Replaced the fuel filter.
Replaced all front fuel lines (Genuine Parts)
Scan tool sometimes comes up with Depollution fault but only after vehicle won't start sometimes.
If you face the front of the car downhill it doesn't seem to play up.
Thanks for looking any help would be good.
Sound like you have a leak on a fuel line, problem with this is it won't be leaking fuel out it will be leaking air in and that makes them hard to find, the fuel line will have a big air bottle in it and will be draining back to the tank, it works on a siphon so an air bubble stops this and the pump can not pump air, you don't say what engine but it could be the fule lines under the air filter housing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,

I did find that fuel line problem on the Forum and that's why I replaced them with brand new original parts, I agree its an air leak problem but can't seem to get on top of the leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts