Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had premature clutch failure on a 207 1.6 HDi or similar model?

My 207 has done 50,000km (31,000m) - which I consider very prem for a clutch failure. I have got between 120,000km and 205,000km out of clutches on previous vehicles, so I'm pretty sure it's not my driving!

G

·
It depends why your clutch has failed - if something has given way and broken, or it has worn unevenly, then you probably had a faulty clutch.

If it just failed due to even wear, with little evidence of blueing, then no matter how unpalatable it may seem it'll be down to the driver.

Slap up a pic and we can have a look see and tell you what we think.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not great for clutch wear but not unheard of. What failed? It's usually the release bearing which along with Fiat Puntos is the smallest known to man.75% of all Peugeot/Citroen clutches I do are bearing failure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is it the clutch that's failed or the Dual Mass Flywheel?

Peugeot seem to have the same problems with the DMF as most other manufacturers:(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't think the 1.6HDi has a DMF. I've just put a new clutch in a 2.0 HDi 90 and that did'nt. According to my catalogue the 1.6 uses the same clutch. The 2.0HDi 110 & 135 are a different matter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thought that all the newer 1.6HDi's had a DMF. I know that the 307 1.6 HDi has one and as far as I'm aware my 308 has one too?

·
Registered
169 Posts
obviously specs change and newer models generally are more likely to have DMF(unfortunately).I've not dealt with any more recent than about 5-6 years old as far as I can remember, the only way to check is when ordering parts.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Forgot to say the 2.0HDi I did today was an 02 reg. 307. My catalogue lists the 1.6HDi as having the same clutch. This catalogue is only a guide, it's often inaccurate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts