Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just bought a 207 GTi (2007) and on the way home I got the dreaded de-pollution fault.

Got home and plugged in my OBD code reader and found fault code P1339, which points to a misfire on cylinder 3. I had a mess around with the coil packs on all cylinders (and also messed/cleaned the fuel cap).

Car started okay and the EML appeared to have gone and I also had power back. I drove to test it again, got about 50 yards down the road and the EML came back on with the de-pollution fault message again.

Anyone have any ideas on this or what I can try? I've contacted a couple of local forum members to see if they can check it on Peugeot Planet for me but haven't hear back from them yet, so thought I would post here for any additional help or suggestions while I wait to hear back from them.

Be gentle, it's my first post on here and if you have any questions or need more info, ask away.

Any/all help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
1st thing to do is change over the coil pack on cylinder 3 to another one and see if the fault code comes up to the cylinder u changed the coil too.

If it stays the same cylinder, change spark plug over to another cylinder and see what results are.

That's the 2 easiet ways to start diagnosing.

Cylinders got 4,3,2,1 as u look from standing in front of the car into the engine bay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st thing to do is change over the coil pack on cylinder 3 to another one and see if the fault code comes up to the cylinder u changed the coil too.

If it stays the same cylinder, change spark plug over to another cylinder and see what results are.

That's the 2 easiet ways to start diagnosing.

Cylinders got 4,3,2,1 as u look from standing in front of the car into the engine bay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Many thanks for the response.

I did end up swapping the coil packs over on cylinders 3 and 4 last night, cleared the fault and the fault came back on cylinder 4 this time though. So looks like the coil pack.

Picked up a new Delphi coil pack this morning from my local parts shop for £25, replaced, cleared the fault and all appears to be good. Only took her on a short drive for about 3 miles but no fault and full power back!

I was worried for a bit and thought I'd bought a new shed! Fingers crossed that she's okay now.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts