Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this problem for over a year. The fault comes up, car goes into Peugeot. They replace something and then soon after it happens again. Each time they replace something different.

Has anyone got a handle on why this fault appears and what the True solution to it is?

I have had enough of driving my unreliable car and really want this resolved.

Also is there anywhere I can complain to as I have tried ringing Peugeot head office customer care and got knowhere.:confused:

G

·
Coil packs, EGR, Lambda prrobe, the wiring to all these parts, and much more could be at fault. Even fitting new spark plugs has been known to cure it.

I would writw to Peugeot and ask what they intend to do to uphold their obligation to repair the car as per the terms of the warranty. Maybe a solicitors letter to that effect?

Alternatively, try the consumer programme on your local BBC wireless station, cos they'll just hound them for ever.

Finally, you could take action against the dealer that sold you the car and the warranty.

All is far from lost, but you gotta be determined to stick with it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
faults

hi,,without any codes or data etc,,,we are just in the wind....
so you have the petrol ep6 engine.
very rare for a coil pack,,so thats ruled out.
the car has no egr system,,,so thats ruled out.
plugs is a poss.
but more likely timing chain related.
what have they replaced???
or post last 8 digits of chassis number and i will tell you...

as for customer care they are normally pretty good,,did you get a case number???

toddy

G

·
My ex girlfriend had to have a coil pack on her GT, though I forget for why. Its not ruled out, just less likely.

Peugeot Customer Care pretty good? These are the same people that refused to replace the timing belt on my 207 when the HG was replaced under warranty, despite me obtaining a letter from the ICME telling them that a timing belt should never be re-used once it's been taken out of tension. NEVER, under ANY circumstances. Now, who do I believe - some woman in Customer Care who's never held a spanner in her life and wants to save a few quid, or my own training as a techie and the word of the worlds largest and most respective association of mechanical engineers? Hhhhmmm.

Pug Customer Service is almost single handedly responsible for the brands continuing poor rep in the market place, a position which the actual product doesn't really deserve. After all, the current MINI is afflicted with many of the 207s faults, yet does pretty well in JD Power, while the 207 manages worse than the Rover 25 used to. There's only one reason for that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
34114279 Chassis number, coil pack was first thing they replaced. Problem is the limp mode goes away when they reset codes. So you drive off thinking fixed then it comes back after 50 miles or so.

·
Registered
134 Posts
faults

hi,,just looked at your cars warranty claims.
i can only see the coil pack replacement on 10/11/2009 as been relevant to your depolution fault.
as said the coil packs as the fix are rare,being that the ep engine has 4individual coils!!!!
so since november what have they been doing to it?as they certainly aren't fitting any parts or claiming against peugeot.
my view re timing belt is replacement would be "good practise" and not essential.
isn't the timing belt throughout it's rev range going through differing amounts of tension????

everytime i have spoke to customer care they have been great,the joe public will have to have there view.
toddy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they said they replaced the timing components. engine apart job etc.
they also said last time that it was due to a brake sensor. this was replaced.
then rac had a go and said it was rear lamda sensor. they cleaned this with wire brush and it did seem to improve for a bit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi

hi,,yes i see it had a timing tensioner replaced,but unless the timing was out slightly,replacing this would not give depolution fault.
yes the brake unit has been replaced,but again nothing to do with depolution.

the warranty repair work on your car is very varied,but little to give the depolution fault.

toddy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for looking Toddy. Those were both things they did to try and fix the depolution fault. I think they actually did nothing to help and just reset the system which masked the fault again for a bit longer.

Car is in today so let's see what they say.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
They replaced Cylinder No 4 Ign coil today.

Reported test drove ok.

I took 200 yards up road and put foot down to get the revs up. It immediately came up depolution system faulty again.

When acclerating hard even from low speed the symptom is that the power delivery is lumpy.:mad:

Now back in tomorrow for a re look.

Have also called customer care again and this time I have got a case number

Found this http://etuners.gr/en/index.php?s=12&t=167 do you think this could be the problem?

G

·
The ICME said replacement of the belt should be mandatory, as once it is taken out of tension and then refitted it is imopossible to reliably predict its service life, making manufacturers recommended replacement intervals meaningless.

This is that same Customer Services that tried to wriggle out of replacing the clutch on my 2000 mile 2nd 107 when the release beaing broke up due to case hardening failure caused by corrosion. They said I must have driven it through deep water. "Er, it's a show car and never been driven in the rain" was my reply. Twots. I'll go shut up now :-s

·
Registered
586 Posts
Your chassis number suggests that its a BMW style engine which needs the cam timing check if there are no faults. If its out then a timing chain,tensioner and associated parts will be needed. The VVC solenoid needs to be checked as well. I they cannot remove it to inspect it then a new head is required.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i dont know if this will help, but i had a timing belt fitted incorrectly, too tight by an ex-peugeot dealership tech - safe to say i got the money back i paid from his wages all £200, anyways when this was wrong the car would go into limp mode when i hit 60-70mph and have what i call a muscle car rock when idleing which would take forever to reach 30mph and would never go over 40mph once you go below, two faults appeared on the middle display - catalistic converter fault and anti-pollution fault.

but on taking the car back to the garage they claimed it was the exhaust manifold. but other garages kept replacing the sparks and coil packs (free on warranty) :p said it was unrelated :thumb: but fault remained

when planet was hooked up at dealer it said missfire on cylinder 1 - 4 followed by random missfire on all cylinders.

the dealers in boro, told me i was lucky and that they daren't take her for a test drive as there was noises that they were scared off...

i hope this helps in someway

oh, i have always been told to make sure if the garage take my timing belt off for any reason, they have to put a new, out of the packet kit on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, brought my pug 207 07 turbo GTI a couple of weeks ago from a garage. On the test drive I was surprised at the acceleration as it seemed like an automatic changing gear when you put your foot to the floor and the turbo kicked in. Four days later I was cruising at 50 pulled out to try and over take a lorry on a duel carriageway and there was nothing more, had to abort the manoeuvre as overtaking would have taken about 5 mins to bring up to speed. The next time I started the car I got this dreaded Depollution warning. The car hasn't cut out at all but I can almost see the petrol gage going down when I'm driving now. I think my turbo isn't working but as I've never driven a turbo car before, other than my earlier experiences with this one, so I'm not sure what it should feel or sound like under normal road driving. I took it to a mate of mine who has an ordinary garage saying it has to go to peugeot to be wired up and tested, but to my surprise he said ... 'no I can check it for you.' He whipped off the gear box cover plugged in some wires from a hand held unit and within seconds had a fault number. He asked if I wanted the warning removed as he could do that as well but I declined as I have a three months full warranty from the sale. He checked the number (2191) on the internet and literally within a minute he had diagnosed it as an air/fuel mix problem. Today a new message came up briefly, something about economy mode, what does this mean?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
economy mode, it an automatic operation of the car where it protects you from draining the battery too much, so it will not start again and to keep power to the ECU....comes on after a few mins or so after the engine is switched off and you have the radio on. nothing to worry about.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts