Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iI RECENTLY HAD ONE CILYNDER'S VALVES DONE BUT AFTER GETTING IT BACK, ONLY PROBLEMS STARTED FROM DAY 1, NOISE FROM CAMSHAFT AND TIMING CHAIN WHEN RUNNING HOT ITS WORSE, I ALSO CHECKED THE VVT AND OIL PUMP AND CHANGED THE OIL AND OIL FILTER ASWELL AND DID A ENGINE FLUSH MYSELF, TO SEE IF IT WOULD TAKE AWAY THE NOISE FROM THE CAM AND CHAIN, I WAS TOO SCARED TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE AUTO MECHANIC, NOW I NOTICED THIS IN THE BELOW PICTURE, HOW BAD IS THIS AND HOW DID THIS HAPPEN PLEASE HELP.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can this be caused by the lack of workmanship and negligance from the mechanick skipping procedures, when he changed the cylinder valves. How severe does this look to you. Looks like lots of new parts to me

·
Registered
75 Posts
No expert, but it shouldn't look like that. Perhaps he didn't torque the shaft down properly, and it has been damaged. He needs to sort this for you, and I hope he does so asap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is how the story went down. I took it in to have the exhaust valves changed on cylinder 1, he did the job, I went to collect, it was perfect when I took her but when I arrived home I noticed the coolant temp is one needle above the 90deg mark she was overheating I opened the hood and saw water coming from the turbo line on the copper washer, and radiator fan was not working, I took it back, they fixed the problems but after that the car began to make strange sounds on the cams and timing chain, I took it back again, they drained the oil this time and cleaned the badly clogged solenoid valve and replaced the oil filter, I drove like 5 kilometres then the noise returned, I took it back again, this time the took the oilpump that was severely clogged with cylicone pieces and serviced it, when i drove a little the sound returned and I got iritated and opened the top to check the timing tensioner just to find this shaft looking like that, my car never had a oil pressure problem before and the shaft certainly did not look like that now he does not want to sort it out he says its not his fault this happned. How do I prove this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The repairer has certainly tried to get your car sorted with its many visits. I know of a lot of garages that would be a lot less helpful than that.
he does not want to sort it out he says its not his fault this happned. How do I prove this.
Not sure to be fair. I think that fact that the car overheated on the journey home first time because of the turbo line in your sequence of events, would indicate that the engine was not put back properly first time. I hope you get this sorted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the solenoid valve. There was metal only and in the oil pump there was allot pieces of silicone and tiny pieces of metal shavings there was 1 solid piece as well the size of 1/4 of a small pinky nail Finger, I had to remove the pump and and had to open and clean it completely. Before I handed it in I spent like $4k on replacing crucial parts like the HPFP, Thermostat housing, timing cahain, Fuel injectors, Coils, water pump, valve pressure testing, ect. This car was perfect when I handed it over the first time. HOW SEVERE DOES THIS LOOK. What needs to be done here to get it fixed

·
Registered
180 Posts
At a guess. The silicone came from reassembly and the swarf from the camshaft. Needs stripping down again an thorough cleaning plus that camshaft issue sorting. Lots of work

·
8,288 Posts
How does that cap compare to the rest could it have been fitted the wrong way around as i believe that the caps are line bored with them fitted

Reactions: jonathanh
1 - 15 of 15 Posts