Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been cold here lately, less than 10°C - and my car doesn't like it.

Normally, what would happen is I'd start the car, it'd idle at ~1100 RPM when cold, an slowly 'idle down' (automatic choke?) to 800 and everything would be hunky dory.

But off late, in the cold, when I start it, the car will NOT idle fast. After the engine starts it will run for 2-3 sec, and IMMEDIATELY go down to 800 RPM and splutter and cough and die.

I have to manually get on & stay on the throttle and hold it at ~1100 RPM until it's warm enough to run at normal idle. Once I do this, it's fine.

No check engine light, but scanned with PP2000 anyway, no codes stored at all.

Asides from the above the car runs fine.

Ideas?

C

·
0 Posts
Temperature sensor, though whether it's air or coolant sensor is anyone's guess. If the sensor is still returning a figure within range, even if the figure wrong for the actual temperature, then it wont throw up a code.

It's a cold running program in the ECU which richens the mixture according to engine temperature - there is no choke.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just went out for a drive with my OBD reader and inspected live data. The only 'temperature' feeds in my reader are intake temp & coolant temp -- and they were both presenting as expected.

Here is a graph of the engine coolant from cold (over a ~20 minute drive). Note it's cold out at the mo, between 7-9 deg C

Is there anything else I can do to figure this out?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'fraid not david - can't upgrade software since I had it mapped about a year ago.

Do you know what coolant temperature the fast idle is supposed to kick in at David? I have noticed the graph shows a 'low' value of approx 15 deg C while the ambient temperature was only about 9-10 deg C, only a 3-4 degree difference but is it significant?

D

·
0 Posts
Remove the connector off the temp sensor. Is there coolant on the connector itself?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi David,

Everything checks out there as well.

I took the car out for a good run, gave it a proper thrashing and now it starts and idles perfectly from cold up to 1100 and back down to 750 when hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts