Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to be completely honest, im not overly confident working on cars as ive not really been to involved in them before.

Come to think of it i might start a saturday job at my local garage to learn a thing or two.

I have recently purchased a Peugeot 207 Hdi Gt and have discovered an oil leak, as its night i can not get a good picture, but here is a picture of a engine the same as mine, without a leak..

Could someone explain why it would be leaking and what are the best chances of getting it repaired ?

It is due a service at the end of this month.

Any help is appreciated, Once its daylight i will post an actual picture of my engine

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like that's the piping that goes from the turbo towards from the intercooler right before entering the engine. I have a 207 GT with a similar problem (if you can call it that).

How many miles/km on the car? Mine has 100,000 km (~65,000 mi) and mine has some oil in there also.

I think it is normal. Would a new car do it? Probably not, but after some wear this is quite normal to get some oil in there.

Okay I took the hose off the inlet side of the intercooler, and there was a very small amount of oil in it. I took this part off (I couldn't get the other end off because I don't have the right tools to get into the crack to take off a specific bolt to remove the piping:

Here's what I found:

Towards the intercooler:

Inside the turbo:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here... I've spoken with a friend and he thinks it's quite normal to have a small amount of oil. When I looked INTO the intercooler there was no oil there. Just some residual oil on the piping...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The car is under warranty with dealership, do you think i should take it back ?
What should i suggest is the cause of the problem ?

D

·
0 Posts
In fairness you don't need anyone here to tell you to take it back. The oil is supposed to be on the inside of the engine not on the outside.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In fairness you don't need anyone here to tell you to take it back. The oil is supposed to be on the inside of the engine not on the outside.
Fair Point, The Problem is i want to know alittle as to what i am saying is the problem when i call them. I know for sure its not going to be easy getting them to look at the car, so wondered if anyone else has seen this issue and can tell me the problem.

D

·
0 Posts
The oil in the turbo pipes is normal. All it is is oil vapour. The oil outside is your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts