Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wifes 1.4diesel had a problem with wipers and head lights not turning off. i changed the under bonnet fusebox and that cured that. except now the starter relay fuse keeps blowing. the fuse blows before the engine starts to turn over. even with the blown fuse you can hear a clicking from the bsi unit. any ideas anyone. thanks in advance

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If the fuse was not blowing before and car started fine on old fusebox i would say either replacement is faulty or incompatible

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
used the car one day and it fused. not use car for several days then it fused again. then a week later the lights came on and wipers. hope this makes sense. thank you reliable 406

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Thats not how you opening post reads it reads you fitted a fusebox and THEN fuses start blowing the last post says the opposite !
In that case i would check the wiring to the starter and it may be the starter shorting internally on its solenoid coil that is blowing the fuse basically if the wiring is fine you need a starter.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thats not how you opening post reads it reads you fitted a fusebox and THEN fuses start blowing the last post says the opposite !
In that case i would check the wiring to the starter and it may be the starter shorting internally on its solenoid coil that is blowing the fuse basically if the wiring is fine you need a starter.
Agree... I'd disconnect the control wire from the solenoid and try to start. If it still pops the fuse, then wiring. If not, then likely the solenoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts