Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, can anyone tell me what the torque setting is for the front hub nut?

I've seen a value of 320nm mentioned, can't remember if it was on here, so just want to confirm that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that, 320 did seem a bit high!

Is there a trick to getting the lower ball joint to separate from the hub? Just can't get it to budge!

·
6,551 Posts
I cut the end off a poundland cold chisel to make a drift to spread the hub clamp slightly which helped to get them out when i did daughters clutch/gearbox

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you hadn't guessed already i'm changing the bearing, just realised i never mentioned it.

I used the torque wrench when loosening off the nut earlier to give me an idea of the torque, defo not 320!

i think the cold chisel idea will work nicely, cheers for the idea.

Having had a good look at everything apart earlier i'm pondering what lies ahead. Never done a bearing on a 207 before so just discovering 'how to' as i'm taking it apart. I'm assuming i need to take the hub assembly completely off the bottom of the shock and get it on the press.

From what i saw whilst working on the car earlier (its still at my work so can't go and nosy just now), once i've got the lower ball joint free i need to...

1. Use hub puller and take rotor off the end of the shaft, presumably its just splined.
2. Separate track rod end ball joint
3. Use hub puller and push shaft through hub
4. ABS sensor - unplug or remove sensor? If remove, how do i get it out without wrecking it?
5. detach hub from bottom of shock

6. Change the bearing and put it all back together in time for a beer :)

Unfortunately there is no haynes for the 2009 onwards model and i wasn't going to splash out for the earlier model hayne's in case it was different.

If someone could confirm i have the right idea for for those 5 steps it would be much appreciated and save me quite a bit of time figuring it out tomorrow night! :nod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts