Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

So where do I begin. I have a 207 1.4L Petrol 2012 sportium. around 60k on the clock. Had it from new so first owner...

My timing belt snapped a couple of months back! bummer. However I got the timing belt done, new head gasket and head, and all was restored. Car was fine for around 2 months

So, my father decided to pressure wash the engine bay (don't ask why!) and since then the car has FAILED to start up. It cranks every time really well - just does not fire up.

I've had VARIOUS mechanics come and advise me all sorts. Frankly I just want the car fixed now!!

Various diagnostics have been ran. no one can point the actual fault !!
The ECU is communicating - so it can't be that.
New Ignition Coil Pack
Crankshaft Sensor replaced - was not faulty
Immobiliser in Key - working

Can anyone advise?? The car has fuel in it - so it can't be that theres no fuel either

I will also add there is NO SPARK coming to the engine - ofcours spark plugs have been replaced and coil pack ..

Appreciate any help on this!!

Kind regards

Hardeep

·
Registered
113 Posts
Water in engine bay

1. Did you undo the spark plug cover and check to see they aren't soaked in water!
2. Check engine fuse box isn't wet or corroded
3. Check black plastic loom cover next to the thermostat housing isn't full of water
3b. Ecu or ECU plugs got water in them ( most likely )
4. Fuel pump or no petrol
5. Worst case scenario the timing has slipped from your job, it could be inlet cam or crank, easy to check by taking the valve cover off and take plugs 1 & 2 out dropping an identical length long rod in each cylinder, then use a 18mm socket on the crank pully to spin the motor clockwise in neutral or park for autos. When the two Pistons are level by looking at the top of the rods you will see the 4 sided cam marks on the right side of the cam flat side up and curved side down, if correct are parallel at the top or if it is 180 out the cam marks will be rounded side facing up. Just spin the pully 180 if it's like this to get the flat side up watching the top of the rods again.
Google is your friend just search "207 timing" and a video will explain what I just said, once you see video it's pretty straight forward process to check timing, visually enough to see if it's out.

Most normal tool kits will have enough tools to check the timing but you will need a special spark plug socket as these cars use crown type, not the standard.
https://www.ecstuning.com/News/R55_R56_R57_MINI_Cooper_S_JCW_Deep_Well_Spark_Plug_Socket_Tool_Schwaben_2007_2008_2009_2010_2011_2012_2013/

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies everyone! think my battery has just gone flat as well. will jump lead / replace...

will check the fuse box as some mechanics have suggested this. If the fuse box is faulty - would the new one have to be recoded?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts