Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon Folks
im looking at buying my first car and have come across a cheap 207
the ECU failed (full of coolant) and has been replaced with a few other things to try and get it to work
however now the seller says it turns over but wont actually start
ECU
Keys
Clocks
DSI Box
Ignition Barrel
Door locks
Petrol cap

Above is what he has replaced
anty idea what i can do to find the fault ?
thanks all

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Walk away as fast as possible, its a money pit.

If you must have a 207 ( there not very good anyway ) at least buy one that works.

·
2,982 Posts
Hi..as a first car I admire your courage,,but if you think about it the previous owner must have had some mechanical knowledge to do all that..and FAILED....what chance have you got....as mr lee said ..walk..no run away as fast as you can....Good luck

·
6,265 Posts
Maybe they did not get the right ECU

Or they changed the VIN number in the BSI which has screwed the key coding.

If they have the original Parts removed it maybe possible to clone ECU but car must be bargain basement price and the rest of it in A1 condition to make it worth while

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The numbers dont need to match its the cars age and overall spec thats far more important

Chances are if the ECU is full of water so is the engine loom and the underbonnet fusebox unless you are good at diagnostics its scrap !

As stated get 1 that works i just bought 2 on ebay both work and drive but both scruffy £220 for both !

·
Registered
123 Posts
Best to run away from it

You can get a cheapo generic ODB2 code reader for about £10 from Amazon or ebay and see if that helps, a lot of the common ODB2 codes will work. But it could be anything electrical and it likely not worth the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts