Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 57 plate 207 and I need to locate the earthing strap as I'm having issues with the electrics. If anyone knows where or how to find this it would be much appreciated please. Once I've checked the earthing I'll post more about the issues I'm having and have had to get to this point now. Any help more then welcome cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Essentially the battery negative cable goes straight to the engine and branches from there to the metalwork of the vehicle.

Thingamy-bobs mounted on the engine earth onto the engine, thingamy-bobs on the vehicle earth onto the metalwork of the vehicle.
Pray tell more of your woe.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The OP has not really explained what he is actually asking about it COULD be the battery negative he means it COULD be a bad earth at the taillights but until he clarifys what he is on about its all speculation.

I have never understood why people cant give all the required info in 1 post !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The full details on my problem. I was driving home last Monday in the early hours and a few mins into the journey I lost all headlights and tail lights (still had the green icon on dash to say lights were on and no indication regarding faults) I pulled over checked they were still plugged in correctly. I drove home using fog lights and full beam lights (with a degree of difficulty I have to admit,wouldn't recommend driving at night with fog lights). The following morning I got up and drove to local garage and purchased a new set of bulbs and fitted them but as soon as the new bulbs were in and I started the car the major problems started. Brake system faulty, abs system faulty and power steering system faulty popped up on the dash. From looking on the internet and forums ect I got the understanding it would be either a earthing issue, fuse or ECU problem. I 1st wanted to locate the engine earth to start the process of illumination. I've checked the engine earth looks fine no frays and was bolted securely but did the jump lead test to make sure, but still all faults on dash, I've put the old bulbs back in and tried the car (no faults when bulbs went) to find the same faults. I've checked all fuses in the car under bonet and in glove box. I've checked the earth's behind headlights in the footwell and in back lights all fine. Can anyone give me even the slightest idea of what is happening or what I'm supposed to look for or check now. like I say lights went changed them for it to show all faults I've described. Any help, info, general idea to what it could be will be appreciated more then you would believe.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try that now thank you. Sorry forgot to say I've unplugged the connectors on fuse board and ecu (found vid on YouTube that suggested water ingress they are all clean and bone dry no corrosion, loose connectors they look perfect.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your lights were nothing to do with the bulbs no way all bulbs are blown at same time this is why its important to say what your REAL issue is !

Earth strap would not cause this

I would say your original fault may be the com unit or the underbonnet fusebox but without more exploration its hard to say the underbonnet fusebox can give you all the faults you mention but i would not replace it without further diagnosis

As for the BSI reset this may well fix it temporarily but you dont have to follow it EXACTLY waiting the required time before each section is the important part opening the door does the same thing as leaning through the open window to turn on lights !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts