Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

Peugeot 207 diesel, 2008 with approx. 65000 miles. I'm the second owner, was bought with 29000 miles on clock.

Worked great until a few weeks ago I noticed a slight loss of power at low speeds (20-30mph etc) which I thought I was imagining. Slowly it's become a little worse and I've isolated to around the 1600 rpm area. Happens even if the engine is warm. Full service about 7 months ago.

Has anyone had similar issues with this model? I mentioned to a garage and they said I could spend thousands changing everything (filters, injectors etc) until I got a warning light.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
They're right you could spend forever looking for the cause without a code, though wouldn't be surprised if it was dye to the egr sticking open a little you could try blanking it off and seeing if it gets anybetter especially as the blanking plate is £4 off eBay and takes 20mins to fit. That's where I'd start personally. Another culprit could be the dpf if you have an engine that had one fitted that is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah .. thanks Joe.
I wasn't sure if I was just getting a 'not really listened' response or if that was the case. If the symptoms aren't specific to something i'll probably try waiting until I get an error and hope it doesn't get too bad up to that point.

G

·
0 Posts
I have a turbo issue on my car, and I've been eliminating issues one by one.

I borrowed a MAF sensor from a friend - he said it had a flat spot around 1800RPM which when fitted to my car proved true, although no fault code was found.

It seems not all MAFs are the same and show signs of wear differently.

If you unplug your MAF sensor ( a fault will flag up .. ) the car will resort to a set of default values and the car may be better around the 1600RPM mark.

Do you do lots of round town driving? Maybe the injectors could do with a few tankfuls of Posh Diesel and some injector cleaner like Millers. The Millers is available on-line for about £10 and will do about 6 or 7 tanks worth so not as expensive as it seems.

Also, have a look on the Planet map - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zWo6S8V8_aAo.kmA902W5aW7Y&msa=0&ll=54.265224,-3.383789&spn=10.238651,28.54248 for a member with diagnostics that will look at your car for beer tokens, and although no fault codes pop up, they can check 'Live data' to see what is going on at 1600RPM :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Ginger,

I had to call to Halfords today for a new tail light bulb so grabbed some of the Millers while I was there (I needed to refill so rather than wait for internet delivery ...) and had my first 'Posh' diesel refill.

Grabbed a Haynes manual while I was there too - as there was no wrapper on the book the cashier knocked off a decent chunk too - didn't even ask, bonus!

I'll see how that goes and then take a look at the MAF as you suggested. I do a fair chunk of driving and every morning/evening for work I get bogged in traffic which I imagine doesn't help. Trip to Cumbria on Friday so should clear it out and get the 200+ miles in with the new cleaner.

Thanks for the advice :)

Edit:

Update

The Millers diesel cleaner stated on the bottle about 200 mile. Well, I've been testing over the last few days to be sure but somehow it cleared the issue, which has been going for over a month, in the first 6 mile! Attempted to purposefully duplicate the issue and I cannot! Furthermore, acceleration and general noise seems/feels better. Very impressed :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts