Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I have a faulty coolant temp sensor which is preventing car from starting. It's a peugeot 207 1.4s. Temp gauge went haywire and on-board screen said to stop. Now it won't start. I have tried to locate the sensor but believe on my car it is within some kind of housing. Anyone had this issue? VIN VF3WC8FP0AE083501

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So local garage tells me that there is a modified housing available from Peugeot but is going to set me back £420 as they will need to remove the old housing drain the coolant and replace coolant. Ouch! Peugeot claim no recall on this car so would be chargeable I can only imagine how much.

·
6,599 Posts
Thats a bit steep you can get the housing on ebay or from Eurocarparts for £60-70 and £15 for coolant.

Its not too bad a job should be about an hour labour so i would look elsewhere or if you feel confident change it yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The current sensor reads as operation temp of -30° but unfortunatly I dont live in the arctic. My brother could yes but I am not confident. It's a modified housing part required direct from peugeot. I have tried the internet and can't locate the part required. Thanks though.

·
6,599 Posts
You can change the sensor only. Its a easy job its just held in with a clip sensors are around £15

·
6,599 Posts
Your VIN lists the later thermostat housing which still has a replaceable temp sensor

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks that's exactly what I thought but that sensor parts 10,11 and 12 are non existent.
Time for a photo please!

Two types of thermostat housing exist with replacable water temperature sensors. One type like Windy posted with the sensor pointing forward towards the front of the car and another type with the sensor pointing straight up (just behind the cross-headed bleed screw).

Maybe you have the "pointing straight up" variety.

Funnily enough, Servicebox lists my vehicle as having the "pointing forward" housing but in reality it has the "pointing up" version. Peugeot, huh? :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts