Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone who has a 207 think the clutch on them is a bit high?, In mine you have to lift your foot up quite high to get the bite. Anybody else find this in 207's or any other Peugeots?

·
Registered
2 Posts
clutch and dodgy stealers

in my girlfriends car, a 206 1.6 petrol, on an 06 plate, the biting point for the clutch is really high as well, its 1 year old with 7 k miles on the clock, surely it should self adjust? it was also in for a service yesterday - the biting point was mentioned when the car was dropped off at the stealer, and they said afterwards that this had been inspected, and there was nothing wrong with it. is this normal?

the car had its first service after 6 months, an 6 months later, the stealer sent a letter saying the car was due for its 1 year service. is this normal for peugeot dealers? from what i can see, a service is due every 2 years or 20k miles?

also, to top things off, the stealers tried telling her it needed a brake fluid change, and a pollen filter change, at an extra cost of £85? at least she had to brains to say 'no'! ive jus spoken to the garage, and they said that this was advisory at every service?

this sounds like they are trying to 'steal' of my girlfriend (who is 4ft11, and 22). can anyone advise please?

·
Registered
862 Posts
joeyrich69 said:
in my girlfriends car, a 206 1.6 petrol, on an 06 plate, the biting point for the clutch is really high as well, its 1 year old with 7 k miles on the clock, surely it should self adjust? it was also in for a service yesterday - the biting point was mentioned when the car was dropped off at the stealer, and they said afterwards that this had been inspected, and there was nothing wrong with it. is this normal?

the car had its first service after 6 months, an 6 months later, the stealer sent a letter saying the car was due for its 1 year service. is this normal for peugeot dealers? from what i can see, a service is due every 2 years or 20k miles?

also, to top things off, the stealers tried telling her it needed a brake fluid change, and a pollen filter change, at an extra cost of £85? at least she had to brains to say 'no'! ive jus spoken to the garage, and they said that this was advisory at every service?

this sounds like they are trying to 'steal' of my girlfriend (who is 4ft11, and 22). can anyone advise please?

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

the bite point is high on the 206, i agree with you there have driven one with 60,000 miles on the clock and it was still pretty high.

No way should a car with 7,000 on it need a pollen filter or brake fluid and if they do it should be peugeot picking up the tab.Pollen filters should last at least 2-3 years,check the brake fluid level yourself 2 minute job.

Service intervals should be 20,000 mile mark,or the 2 year max.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the moose said:
the bite point is high on the 206, i agree with you there have driven one with 60,000 miles on the clock and it was still pretty high.

i would expect it to be a bit higher on a car with a higher mileage, but surely this isnt normal for car with low mileage though?

·
Registered
862 Posts
joeyrich69 said:
i would expect it to be a bit higher on a car with a higher mileage, but surely this isnt normal for car with low mileage though?

the point i was trying to make was the re-guardless of mileage the bite point always seems to be pretty high. If we had more regular contributors they would be able to confirm this. However try this site-http://www.206info.co.uk/

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have owned a few Pugs , all diesel models including the 206 and yes all have had what can be termed as a high clutch bite point . Having said that a friends Ford Focus diesel seems to have an even higher bite point. The Pollen filter is a simple D.I.Y. and usually results in a better airflow through the heating/cooling/demist system. The Brake fluid change is better left to a competent garage especially if the vehicle has ABS etc. . Engine Oil changes I carry out yearly or at 10k miles and I use Fully Synthetic Oil.
Stealers are there to make money and none of the advice given would hurt to have done - if you can afford to use them. :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have owned a few Pugs , all diesel models including the 206 and yes all have had what can be termed as a high clutch bite point . Having said that a friends Ford Focus diesel seems to have an even higher bite point. The Pollen filter is a simple D.I.Y. and usually results in a better airflow through the heating/cooling/demist system. The Brake fluid change is better left to a competent garage especially if the vehicle has ABS etc. . Engine Oil changes I carry out yearly or at 10k miles and I use Fully Synthetic Oil.
Stealers are there to make money and none of the advice given would hurt to have done - if you can afford to use them. :eek:
Thanks mate for the reply mate. I just got a full service all filters new coolant and new clutch done for £209 inc vat. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts