Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought this car its a 207cc 1.6 GT. Only had one key when I got it and everything was fine, now the car locks with the key fob, but wont open or the boot with the fob. Changed the battery and re-set the key but the problem is still there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
870 Posts
does it open with the boot switch?
does it open on fob if you hold it up close to the ignition barrel?

from my messing around i found 2 feeds coming into the boot which run around the boot hinge (one for fob and one for boot switch), and my guess is this is near to where the wires break or partially break.

i was going to add a new live to the boot switch but never got round to it.The cc has been known to loose all power to the boot lock which will lock you out the boot if the screens not pulled. Then the only option would be drilling out the switch as far as i can see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fob will lock the doors and boot, but wont open the doors or boot with the fob. I then have to open the doors manually with the key which sets off the alarm. Boot wont open with the fob either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a knackered fob and found out a solution to get into the boot without using it from the previous owner.
Get in the car close the driver door... then press the lock button in front of the gear stick ( it should turn red to say they're locked) so all the doors lock.. then press it again once to unlock and then try to open the boot. You may need the key in the ignition when you press the lock button, I can't remember.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a knackered fob and found out a solution to get into the boot without using it from the previous owner.
Get in the car close the driver door... then press the lock button in front of the gear stick ( it should turn red to say they're locked) so all the doors lock.. then press it again once to unlock and then try to open the boot. You may need the key in the ignition when you press the lock button, I can't remember.
Doesn't really help with the fob not working but thanks for the tip to get in the boot.

·
6,448 Posts
Some models do have options for locking etc on one of the settings menu on the radio/multifunction display

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That is correct as the alarm is ONLY set if you lock with the remote and the remote signal needs to be seen by the BSI to switch off the alarm so that is not a problem merely a symptom of the remote issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts