Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2012 Peugeot 207 cc , I am from Algeria and there are no local services for roof problems, long story short, when I try to close the roof the boot opens up but the roof won't raise ,sometimes it takes a min to raise othertimes I have to close the boot and re-open it so the roof can raise. Please help me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
207 cc roof won't raise from boot

Hi, if it's a pressure fault, try looking for any fluid/oil leaks at the rear of the car or in the boot compartment. Do you get any error or warning messages coming up on dash/screen ?Do the windows raise/lower during the roof operation ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, if it's a pressure fault, try looking for any fluid/oil leaks at the rear of the car or in the boot compartment. Do you get any error or warning messages coming up on dash/screen ?Do the windows raise/lower during the roof operation ?
There is no fluid/oil leaking at the rear of the car or in the boot, when I keep pressing the roof button waiting for it to raise I get this warning "roof maneuver malfunction please complete operation" or something like that. Sometimes when the roof raise from the boot the windows don't close up & sometimes they do close. What should I do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
227 Posts
Perhaps a silly question but do you have the engine running while operating the roof? I think it needs a fair bit of power and if the battery is running low it may not have enough juice without the alternator charging.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Only other thing I can think of is to check the fluid reservoir in the pump underneath the spare wheel in case the level is low and/or there is air in the system.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Roof Fault

This article is from French Car-Connect:-

207/208cc Convertible Roof Fault
Sometimes the roof may fail to fully open or close fully, especially if it has not been used for a while or if the car battery is not in tip top condition. This is not necessarily a big job to rectify. The roof will need to be pulled manually from the closed to open position and the fault cleared from the memory. This will in most cases remedy the fault as the roof re-calibrates its movements from closed to open.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only other thing I can think of is to check the fluid reservoir in the pump underneath the spare wheel in case the level is low and/or there is air in the system.
Please guide me sir, how can I check the level?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem solved! I checked the level of the fluid reservoir in the pump and it was too low, I refilled it with hydraulics oil, now the roof is fully functional, thank you so much for everyone who tried to help me, I am so grateful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes sir, I went to the pharmacy and bought a syringe lol, filled it with the fluid and injected it into the little reservoir, it was so easy.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just keep an eye open for leaks. I have read that pipe numbers 32 & 33 on the right hand side of the boot are the most prone to failure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts