Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 207 CC that seems to run at over 90 degrees Celsius on the guage. To check this, I used an ELM 327 OBD II scanner connected via Bluetooth to an Android tablet running Torque Pro.

The car's system reports running at about 102 degrees Celsius. This seems so much higher than my BMW which runs at 86 to 90 degrees. Our previous 206 CC also ran at those temperatures.

My question is: What is the 'normal' operating temperature of a 207?

·
Registered
870 Posts
not sure but sound about right to me, the mondeo duratec runs around 99-107 deg temp taken from the cylinder head sensor.
but many on the ford site have slightly lower running tempratures, this is almost always caused by a very slight leak in the thermostat seal or a broke thermostat.

so only guesswork but sounds ok to me,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dear Dr G,

I think (believe) the gauge is only an indication and not in any way calibrated for temperature such that you can say it reads 90 Deg C. Yes, the actual water temperature will most likely be over 100 Deg C (pressurised so it won't boil) but it seems that most manufacturers these days arrange things so that the guage sits neatly at mid position. My Transit 2.4 Diesel always sat exactly at mid gauge sweep, my Golf 1.6 TDi sat exactly at "90" also. I understand what you say about the gauge reading high (I have concerns that mine reads low) but 102 Deg C sounds about right to me for the actual water temp. Perhaps someone who works the technical side of Peugeot could comment on what the correct range is for the actual water temp when read from the ECU. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

not sure but sound about right to me, the mondeo duratec runs around 99-107 deg temp taken from the cylinder head sensor.
but many on the ford site have slightly lower running temperatures, this is almost always caused by a very slight leak in the thermostat seal or a broke thermostat.

Thank you. Yes, I agree with you the more I think about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

but many on the ford site have slightly lower running tempratures, this is almost always caused by a very slight leak in the thermostat seal or a broke thermostat.

Yes, it sounds right that at the head it would be 100+ degrees Celsius.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Cod1704 said what I was going to say. The gauge is an indication and not a certified calibrated instrument. If it isn't in the red or it doesn't sit at zero then you should be ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts