Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I took my Wifes 207cc (2009 1.6 model) into a garage today to have the clutch and flywheel replaced due to the clutch slipping over the last few times she has had it out.

Long story short, it actually needs a new gearbox which I have found up in Birmingham. They will also do the clutch and flywheel swap for me if I take the parts too them.

The clutch is easy, Euro Car Parts have them currently for £71 with their offer, but the Flywheel, I cannot find! Does this car somehow not have a flywheel? or am I being an idiot!

Really would appreciate any advice. Ive spent my years working on my own Japanese cars, not had much experience with French vehicles so I could be barking up the wrong tree.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought it must do, its a standard road car. I can find them for the HDI engine, but not for the petrol, any pointers in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Is it a Dual Mass or solid flywheel? If it's a solid flywheel it would not need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Honestly im not sure, it feels like a dual mass. The reg is ME09MEG if it helps narrow it down.
This is what Peugeot Service Box shows for your car, item 10 in the diagram. It looks like a solid flywheel to me?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, looking at that part number (0532P8) online, it does look like a solid flywheel, still incredibly difficult to find from the usual retailers of these thing.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You shouldn't need to have the flywheel replaced if it's a solid one, just the clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect, thankyou for the advice! Probably that's why theyre so hard to find if they don't need replacing under normal use.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
My pleasure, good luck with it. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts