Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor 2010 207 CC Automatic. A couple of times over the last few months I've accelerated mildly while driving and suddenly the car starts vibrating severely, almost as if one cylinder has stopped firing. The car slows down suddenly with a significant loss of power, and huge amounts of noise, like a blown muffler. The 'Check Engine' light comes on.

Both times I pulled over as soon as I could, and switched off. The radiator fan runs for a good 10 minutes after I switch off. Once that stops, I try switching on again, and the car seems to be running OK, except I get the 'Anti-Pollution Fault' warning on the dash display, plus the 'Check Engine' light stays on.

Shortly after it starts running OK again I also get an issue when the engine is under mild strain, such as accelerating uphill, where the car will sometimes jerk suddenly, like it's been kicked. At a guess it seems like it's trying to change gear down, but dumps the clutch back into the same gear.

I park up at home and the next day the car seems to be back to normal, no 'Check Engine' light or error code. I'm going to take the car back to the dealership I bought it from late last year, I paid extra for a year's worth of mechanical warranty, but due to my experiences with them during the purchase process I have little faith that they will do anything about it unless I tell them exactly what the problem is, and exactly why it is their problem and not mine.

I love this car but my confidence has been damaged. I need it to commute to work, but now I'm driving so cautiously that it's sapped all the joy out of it. Has anyone had anything similar to this that can point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Had a similar problem on my 1.4 vti 207,ended up being the spark plugs.Might be worth checking them first.If its anything like mine you may need an elongated spark plug spanner as normal ones don't fit.

·
Registered
870 Posts
think a clue is
like a blown muffler
symptoms, driving along then sudden power loss and sounds like exhaust blowing, fan on etc

in our case it was a worn tensioner that had let the chain bounce around and broke the guides.

get chain checked, get tensioner checked, hard to check guides as will probably break from crank side.

or just demand a new chain if not been swapped before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My poor 2010 207 CC Automatic. A couple of times over the last few months I've accelerated mildly while driving and suddenly the car starts vibrating severely, almost as if one cylinder has stopped firing. The car slows down suddenly with a significant loss of power, and huge amounts of noise, like a blown muffler. The 'Check Engine' light comes on.

Both times I pulled over as soon as I could, and switched off. The radiator fan runs for a good 10 minutes after I switch off. Once that stops, I try switching on again, and the car seems to be running OK, except I get the 'Anti-Pollution Fault' warning on the dash display, plus the 'Check Engine' light stays on.

Shortly after it starts running OK again I also get an issue when the engine is under mild strain, such as accelerating uphill, where the car will sometimes jerk suddenly, like it's been kicked. At a guess it seems like it's trying to change gear down, but dumps the clutch back into the same gear.

I park up at home and the next day the car seems to be back to normal, no 'Check Engine' light or error code. I'm going to take the car back to the dealership I bought it from late last year, I paid extra for a year's worth of mechanical warranty, but due to my experiences with them during the purchase process I have little faith that they will do anything about it unless I tell them exactly what the problem is, and exactly why it is their problem and not mine.

I love this car but my confidence has been damaged. I need it to commute to work, but now I'm driving so cautiously that it's sapped all the joy out of it. Has anyone had anything similar to this that can point me in the right direction?
Hi! Any chance you found the problem? I’ve just had the exact same issue on my 2010 207. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seeing as last reply was 3 yrs ago doubt an answer will be soon!

One of my biggest gripes of this forum - people ask for help but don’t then come back with answer to what actually sorted it all for other to find useful

If you get yours sorted PLEASE update for others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
870 Posts
If the noise sounds like a blowing exhaust suspect timing parts, i would start by changing the exhaust solenoid valve as this can stick and not throw a code, after that its probably best to check/swap out chain and get all parts checked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A new battery and an oil cap that fit properly! The car was still under warranty (bought from a dealer) so I didn’t have to fork the cost. Took it for a long drive and haven’t had any issues!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts