Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ignition key is a copy and wont fit my doors or petrol cap, I have lost the key for my petrol cap and could do with some petrol.
I have tried squeezing with mulgrips, did not work! so i think that I need to open by drilling a hole in the cap to open it. Does anyone know exactly where I should drill the hole please?
I welcome any other suggestions.
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
My ignition key is a copy and wont fit my doors or petrol cap, I have lost the key for my petrol cap and could do with some petrol.
I have tried squeezing with mulgrips, did not work! so i think that I need to open by drilling a hole in the cap to open it. Does anyone know exactly where I should drill the hole please?
Thank you
Thank you
Hi
Sorry I can’t give you any technical help with that one. I’m just surprised that if you have had a copy made it will not fit doors and petrol cap. I bought my 207 with only one main chip key so I had a spare made up. Not with a chip just a cheap one from Timpsons so that I could at least get access to the inside of the car.
I confess to having a bit of trouble when first trying the spare but remembered what the guy had told me.”You may have to use a file or a piece of wet and dry on each edge of the new key and lightly over the top and bottom just to remove any small over cut burrs that may be stopping it from entering the lock and a splash of WD40. I gave this a go and it worked!
So if you have not tried that give it a go. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts