Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 207 cc 1.6 HDi FAP 110hp has a recurring error. Starter is running but engine does not start. No error codes can be found, nobody finds something wrong. Suddenly the car goes well without action. Please help me!

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
First thing I would suspect is that the key is not being recognised and the immobiliser is not disarming. When it does not start, switch off, leave key in ignition, and open the door... does it beep?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you WillNZ for your suggestion. Right now at this moment everything works perfectly, so this can not be tested. But of course, I will try this at the next time. I will now replace all fuses and clean all the earth cables I find. In addition, I received a proposal to replace the lid cover that could cause similar problems. Can you reprogramm the key if that is the problem? Sorry for my poor english. // Ilpo

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It may not be the key that is the problem, it might be the antenna or bad connection in the comm 2000 unit.

If you have a spare key, try using that if you get the non-start fault. If the spare also does not work, then check the comm 2000 unit for bad connections etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you willnz very much for suggestions for action. All suggestions are welcome. The car has been at Peugeot wokshop for 4 weeks!!! Without finding the reason why the car does not start. Then suddenly the car started just like that. I have today removed, cleaned, greased and replaced all major ground connections from battery. I have also tried to clean the gas cup with compressed air. I have even replaced fuses in the engine room. Now I really hope these actions will keep the electrical Gremlins away. If not I go to your good suggestions. How can you check the comm 2000 unit? Best regards Ilpo

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Thank you WillNZ for your suggestion. Right now at this moment everything works perfectly
How can everything be working perfectly when the car won't start?

If the car has lost the key information all the electrics will work ok up to the point that eco mode starts to protect the battery charge level.

Have you replaced the key cover ?
What has been done to the car immediately before it wouldn't start?
Has the battery been disconnected?

Considering the car sometimes starts then it could be a faulty starter motor which is a common problem or it could be an intermittent fault with the receiver ring or a poor electrical connection onto the Comm2000.

It's pretty hard to give advice if you don't give all the information.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I got this from his post..

Car was swinging over but not starting, no codes shown [on what I would assume is pp2000 as he states it was at peugeot workshop].

Then suddenly car starts after several weeks of non-operation and is now working.

He is trying to figure out what might have caused it so can deal with it if it happens again.

My take on it anyway..?????

aavisto, I do not know how to test the comm2000 except to check continuity between the connecting plug on the commm2000 unit and the antenna.

If it fails again after trying to start it, leave the key in the ignition in the OFF position and open the driver's door. If it beeps, both the key and the comm2000 unit are working and you will have to look elsewhere, possibly the HP pump etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is working right now in this moment, but has a recurring error. Suddenly, for no reason when you stop the car, the engine does not start but the starter engine is running well. Then when the car is set off for a while, it can start suddenly when trying to start it without any effort being made.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks WillNZ for you kindnes. I checked both keys today as you told me, and they worked well with beep. (the car is working too) I have now both keys with me all the time, if something happends. Personally, I am convinced that it may be the fuel tank cover, when opened, it sucks air with a clear noise. Do you have any experience of that?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Maybe too much vacuum? I know they run a slight negative pressure for the reason given but maybe the pressure release valve is not working properly?

Given the description of your issue, I think it is an unlikely cause. But, easy to check. No start? Loosen filler cap to release vacuum and try to start again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IanML Thanks for information I also know that, but my desparate thoughts try to find all solutions that is possible for my issue with starting problem. As you WillNZ say maybe too much vacuum? Itˋs easy to check by loosen the filler cap when the car not start. (ones again, I do not have any problem with the starter and the issue comes and go) thanks to WillNZ for caring about my issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IanML Thanks for information I also know that, but my desparate thoughts try to find all solutions that is possible for my issue with starting problem. As you WillNZ say maybe too much vacuum? Itˋs easy to check by loosen the filler cap when the car not start. (ones again, I do not have any problem with the starter and the issue comes and go) thanks to WillNZ for caring about my issue.

My 207 cc HDi 2007 has now been without problems for almost a year. Suddenly it stopped without warning during road driving. It started after a couple of tries but went bad 5-6 km and stopped again. This happened 5 times before I got home. The next day I could drive the car to the workshop, with great difficulty. #motor depulotion faulty warning #. The issue was cracks in the plastic pipe into the turbo air intake. no error code could be identified. Now everything works again. I Just wanted to share this to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts