Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi bought the car a week ago and certainly looked in mint condition. 36,000 miles, FSH, no advisories on MOT. Since then the brakes have started squealing, the roof is clicking and making odd tapping noises when closed, and a full diagnostic check has thrown up the codes above...am terrified I've bought a 'pig in a poke' so to speak..female driver here with absolutely no knowledge of car mechanics so please be gentle:lol:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Need to check that the brake pads are not worn down - if not it can usually be fixed by the application of brake grease to the sliding surfaces (obviously not the disks or the pad faces).

Do the roof noises happen when the car is stopped? If only when moving, it is probably vibration - perhaps the catches at the front of the roof need some adjustment?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thank you...yes I think the intense heat is making the pads stick but the clicking roof is only when moving...may need a bit of grease or re aligning of catches...now just the codes to decipher

·
Registered
870 Posts
i would start with just replacing the exhaust dephaser solenoid,and swapping the camshaft sensors to see if codes swap, but if no joy you may need a new chain and tensioner and guide rails (and possibly a new exhaust vanos pulley)

did you get any cover on the car or was it private sale?

·
Registered
870 Posts
roof can be a pain to get right but the first stop is slight adjustment, undo 2 side screws pull roof liner off (new clips cheap on ebay if some break)
and adjust 3 screws each side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts