Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

After bit of help. Replaced my crap standard radio for an aftermarket with DAB+. Everything works as it should except for the infamous FM reception

I’ve fitted an interface get access to steering wheel controls and the menu you’d normally get from standard radio.

This came with an amplified aerial adapter which gets the +12v from the radio Amp On wire

Checked the voltage and it’s 11.6v and it feeds into the brown wire that according to wiring diagrams for 207s does feed the oem aerial amp.

No matter what I can’t get a decent FM reception. Tried 2 other adapters but no change. Radio works as it picks up stations when I put a wire as a hack aerial in so it’s not that.

Put original radio back and reception excellent again , checked voltage onto brown wire and it’s up slightly to 11.8v, can’t see 0.2v being issue surely!!

Not tried to get to amp itself in rear pillar as it looks a pain to take all plastics off so need a bit of time to start it.

Anyone found a way to solve or am I just having to bite bullet and by a new aerial and feed it direct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update : Gave up with completely useless OEM and trying to get it powered from radio and receiving FM so cut old one off and fitted a DAB/FM aftermarket and everything excellent reception now

Even get a few extra DABs I didn’t before so happy days!

Still never found oem amp when running new antenna wires so it must be right up pillar or hidden elsewhere you can’t get at the thing

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured as much, so how is it powered ?

Is the 12v sent down the Fakra from original radio?

When I took it off there was no additional wires just the coax?

Seems a strange way to do it as why not just have a plain aerial and then simply amplify in the radio itself.

Must some bizarre french thinking

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either way it was crap trying to get it to work with an aftermarket.

Cheap £15 one and 30min to fit start to finish solved it.

Much better than original and at least it’s in for next person if I sell car

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
The aerial has 2 connectors if I remember the only way to get half decent was to buy a adaptor and connect the blue wire to a switched live

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The aerial has 2 connectors if I remember the only way to get half decent was to buy a adaptor and connect the blue wire to a switched live

Mines a 2009 model and when I removed the roof antenna there was only a single co-ax to it, no 12v wire.

At first I thought it might have had 12v passed down the co-ax as on some other makes apparently that’s where they do.

But as my loom at radio says there is a switched 12v on a thin brown wire that’s “supposed” to go to an amp I think the co-ax does go from antenna to an amp then a output co-ax goes to the radio fakra connection.

I couldn’t find this amp in the rear pillar ( admittedly I didn’t remove every bit of plastic looking for it ) so it’s either well up near roof or hidden elsewhere. I’m pretty sure the radio (RD4) doesn’t amplify it.

As I’ve said I gave up with the OEM stuff and simply replaced entire lot and it’s got excellent reception now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts