Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon.

I have been following the Handbook and I am trying to locate & replace fuse MF10 which is for the Power Steering. It's definitely not within the Maxifuses in the main under-the-bonnet Fuse box, these are just MF1 - MF8.

Does anybody know where the second under-the-bonnet fuse box could possibly be which houses MF9 - MF11 and how I can access it to find this darn MF10 fuse ?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
SW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

As mentioned above, the Maxi Fuses under the Fuse box only have MF1 - MF8, the manual mentions MF9 - MF11 are are in Box 2.

This is the difficulty I am having as I can't find Box 2 anywhere obvious.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
207 power steering is connected via its main wiring to the underbonnet fusebox there is no second underbonnet fusebox it will be powered by 1 of the fuses already in the lower fusbox.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, so the handbook would be wrong in this instance do you think? Any idea which fuse it might be and do you know the Ampage?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for late reply, yes everything else works, apart from the PAS. It displays "Power Steering Faulty". I took it to a local Formula One garage and after plugging it in they told me no faults were found on their machine, although clearly it's not working. Before I take to a vehicle electrician, they suggested I check fuses and also maybe a low battery level could affect. What would you suggest ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I was looking in scrappy today specifically for this second maxi fuse box and i THINK i know what your looking for but not all have it there is a row of solid state type fuses on SOME cars next to the battery they are bolted in like an old style fuse in a horror movie

But to be honest if it was blown i would expect a comms fault to be displayed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much for checking. Funny enough the bloody power steering started working randomly today, which good mean faulty electrics I'd guess. I've booked it in with someone to have a look over connections etc as I'm fully expecting it to play up again. One garage did mention a weak battery could cause the steering to drop out but it's strange that all the other gadgets are unaffected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts