Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just sighed up to this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I bought a 207 a cupple of months back and on the way home the power steering felt quite notchy. Unfortunately I purchased it form a family member so I couldn't return the car. I took the car to a Peugeot dealer who quoted around £2000 for the fix and said it needed a new rack pinion and motor. Being a student who bought the car for £2000 this is never going to happen so I was wondering if anybody on here could sell me a proven to work used or refurbished unit? I think the cost new was around £600-£700 but can't be sure. I should be able to fit it myself and get aligned later.

Also please excuse my English. I only just passed.

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can't help personally with the part but there are some very good car breakers around. Try googling Hills of Skelmersdale who I have used a lot and never had a problem. The website allows you to search particular models and/or particular parts for those models. The parts come tested and guaranteed and prices are very reasonable. Not sure where you live but they do deliver nationwide. Alternatively, there may be similar breakers nearer to you.

As far as Hills of Skelmersdale are concerned I have always been pleased with the service I have had.

By the way, I don't work for them or anything like that! I just use them because they are only about 30 miles from me and the website is clear and easy to use and delivery is quick. You get full descriptions and photos of all available parts. You can also request a part if one isn't listed as being already available. Good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just checked. Hills of Skelmersdale have six available, all at a price of £100. If you're interested, go to the Homepage of their website and type into the search box at the top of the page....'207 steering rack'. They will come up with photos of them. You can order and pay online and arrange delivery. Good luck.

Just to reiterate, I DON'T work for them or am not trying to push them!! I'm nearly 70 years old (sod it) and I've just used them a lot and never had a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts