Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
207 2006 1.4 - Hi, extremely grateful for any help in finding ECU, BSi, keys and code reader from reputable source, or even having the work done. Sheffield/Yorkshire area. TIA, Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the interest Reliable 406.

Long story short, I took the car for an MOT and was told it was misfiring. Garage investigated and said it was the ECU. They acquired another unit, fitted it but now tell me that the bought unit still has details of the previous car on it and the existing unit is no longer viable, so I need to get it towed from their premises. There was even as attempt to charge for the botched job and returning the car in a far worse condition that I took it in - at least it was driveable.

Hence looking into acquiring the ECU, BSi, keys and code reader myself and then finding someone to do the work. Apparently it is quite straightforward once the proper units are secured.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
OK
1 your garage MIGHT be wrong as wiring looms can get wet internally causing rotten wires/ecu pins
2 you dont need the code reader they are generic
3 you DO need the clocks as the miles are stored in the BSI and the clocks
4 If you put your old ecu back it should still work i dont understand what they mean by not viable unless they have now lost the keycodes from the BSI too !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Trouble is, lay people are dependent on info from experts, and I can only go on what they tell me.

Looking for an accurate and reliable analysis and diagnosis, and then a fair quote for guaranteed work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good day everyone.
Is this thread still alive?

First time user, but similar issue:

Water/coolant ingress into my 2006 1.4s 207 engine ECU that resulted in the pins eroding off...

I found a replacement ECU on ebay and sent it to another Ebay member to reprogram (with the original ECU). He returned to me ""untracked" and lost in Postage - (separate issue I am dealing with, but first, car must get fixed).

Since the ebay member has gone "radio silent" and not replaced the lost ECU, I purchased a used ECU, Fuzebox, BSI, Key Fob and Ignition (with sensor around the ignition) from the same vehicle.

I have now replaced all the parts, but the car turns over but does not start (fire).

Other symptoms and actions:

1. I only replaced the sensor around the ignition and the internal parts of the key fob (from the purchased ECU and BSI) to keep the current ignition and door key.

2. Not all the numbers on the 2 ECUs marry up 100%, but I was told that this is not a problem since im using the accompanied BSI (see attached old and replaced ECU)

3. When switching the ignition on, the BAT flashes (car is in Eco Mode, and Bat fully charged) but the Fuel needle rise to Fuel level, stay for 20 sec, then drop to zero...

4. No faults shows on the internal screen.

5. Headlights work, but indicator and electric windows dont.

Any advice will be grateful appreciated. I am in Upavon, Whiltsire.

Many thanks, Ronnie

Attachments

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Good day everyone.
Is this thread still alive?

First time user, but similar issue:

Water/coolant ingress into my 2006 1.4s 207 engine ECU that resulted in the pins eroding off...

I found a replacement ECU on ebay and sent it to another Ebay member to reprogram (with the original ECU). He returned to me ""untracked" and lost in Postage - (separate issue I am dealing with, but first, car must get fixed).

Since the ebay member has gone "radio silent" and not replaced the lost ECU, I purchased a used ECU, Fuzebox, BSI, Key Fob and Ignition (with sensor around the ignition) from the same vehicle.

I have now replaced all the parts, but the car turns over but does not start (fire).

Other symptoms and actions:

1. I only replaced the sensor around the ignition and the internal parts of the key fob (from the purchased ECU and BSI) to keep the current ignition and door key.

2. Not all the numbers on the 2 ECUs marry up 100%, but I was told that this is not a problem since im using the accompanied BSI (see attached old and replaced ECU)

3. When switching the ignition on, the BAT flashes (car is in Eco Mode, and Bat fully charged) but the Fuel needle rise to Fuel level, stay for 20 sec, then drop to zero...

4. No faults shows on the internal screen.

5. Headlights work, but indicator and electric windows dont.

Any advice will be grateful appreciated. I am in Upavon, Whiltsire.

Many thanks, Ronnie
after trying to start turn off and leave the key in ignition and open drivers door, does it beep to say keys are still in

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Trustme

NO, it does not beep when I leave the key inside and open the door.

I have also managed to get Peugeot Planet today but dont know how to use it yet (I dont want to make a mistake and make things worse- if its at all possible).

Its clear that the VIN is now different to before (since I have replaced the parts from another car).

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi Trustme

NO, it does not beep when I leave the key inside and open the door.

I have also managed to get Peugeot Planet today but dont know how to use it yet (I dont want to make a mistake and make things worse- if its at all possible).

Its clear that the VIN is now different to before (since I have replaced the parts from another car).

Ronnie
the key is either the wrong chip in it or its not programmed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many thanks.

Before I get a different set, may I ask:

1. Must all the part numbers be the same as my original, or must it just be from a similar year, make and engine as my car since Im keeping all of the donor car's parts (ECU, BSI, Keyfob and Key sensor) together?

2. Would any of this cause my Electric Windows to stop working, as this is now the case.

3. I assume that a different complete set would just be "plug and play" and less trouble than getting the key programmed onto the BSI and ECU? Now that I have PP2000, if I can get the 4 digit Confidential Code for that VIN, can I not recode the key to that BSI or is it more difficult than I imagine?

Many thanks for the advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts