Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've only had my 207 1.6T sport XS 150 THP for about two months. its a 2008 car with 21000 on the clock.

I noticed earlier a clicking sound near to full lock, im guessing its a CV Joint? if so can they be repaired with a new rubber and lube or does it have to be replaced?

if its not a CV Joint, what could it be? please help..

C

·
0 Posts
Hello

I've only had my 207 1.6T sport XS 150 THP for about two months. its a 2008 car with 21000 on the clock.

I noticed earlier a clicking sound near to full lock, im guessing its a CV Joint? if so can they be repaired with a new rubber and lube or does it have to be replaced?

I'd say CV joint if its clicking then I'd say it was worn and requires replacement. But get it up on a ramp and investigate for play and damaged Gaiters etc if in doubt get somewhere like National Liars or Kwik Shift armed with choccy Biscuits and ask them to investigate it :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
Wouldn't of thought so as if its run dry of grease and worn regardless of mileage then its worn you could try but I'd imagine it would fail completely in the future. I separated the Driveshaft when doing a clutch on my old focus lost some grease thought nothing of it went to Scotland and halfway back it was clunking & banging that was only 500 miles in total so up to you but I'd advise maybe a second opinion from someone who can see the car before just patching it up also with 150bhp on tap I'd want the running gear perfect :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, no worries. I think ill get the biscuits out and plod along to Motosave or something as see if they'll take a look at it. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, just bought myself a 207 1.6T sport XS 150 THP on 2008 plate with 21000 on the clock. No problems as yet but can you tell me what to look out for, except the CV joints which look and appear on mine at present. What price is a 24k mile service as mine is due soon?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello

Had a bit of a strange noise on my 2009 Pug at 21000 when turning full lock.
Ended up being dry bearing at top of suspension strut.Get someone to turn wheel and check for vibration in spring,might not be this but worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts