Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 207 1.6 vti non turbo which seems to be mixing water into the oil.
Do these engines have an oil cooler? I cant seem to see one anywhere. Want to eliminate that first before i get a compression test done.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi there! I have the same engine in my 2008 207SW and no, there is no oil cooler.

Water in the oil can look a bit like mayonnaise in the oil filler cap. If there wasn't too much of it and we were in the depths of winter then you can just put this down to short journeys.

At the height of summer however the same symptom usually means only one thing... :(:(:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rocker cover off, blew into the water bottle and heard bubbling. Upon closer inspection there is a core plug down around the timing chain which has begun leaking. Looks like it will be fun to try fix

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rocker cover off, blew into the water bottle and heard bubbling. Upon closer inspection there is a core plug down around the timing chain which has begun leaking. Looks like it will be fun to try fix
Please keep us posted about what you find. Don't know about the core plug you describe so I'd be fascinated to know more!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Big thanks L.J!

Yip, that does look like a lot of fun to fix but hopefully less misery than a head gasket :yikes:

Regards,
Ivor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts