Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,
Am really at my wits end with this now as only bought the car in Feb. It’s been running finer, couple of weekends ago we did passenger front cv, lower ball joint and track rod end. Weekend just gone was drivers front wheel bearing and lower ball joint. Last Tuesday, got back to the car after a meal and it refused to start. I could hear the relay tuck but that was it. Called the RAC out, they tested the battery and said it was ok and it was also taking a charge. The chap ‘reset’ it by disconnecting the red terminal and holding a spanner between that and the black terminal. Car restarted and had been working ok although I didn’t really drive it much as wasn’t in work. Monday it went through it’s mot, needed a couple of things doing before passing the restest with no advisories. Went to drive it away and it refused to start again. I disconnected the red terminal, left it for 10 mins before doing the reset the RAC showed me. Car started, drove to get fuel and again, refused to start. Repeated earlier process. It seemed to be ok starting first thing in the morning and again when I left the office to go home. However, this morning it refused to start at all. I’ve taken out the battery, cleaned all terminals and also cleaned every earth I could find and it’s still not starting, just getting the click of the relay. Any ideas? I’m at my wits end here....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s just a quiet click, almost like just hearing the relay tick once. RAC have got it started, starter motor working ok, have taken it to local trusted garage (have used them for years) and suggestions are it’s the BSI-managed to get one from a breakers so garage are fitting it now...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s the one! Apparently they’re well known for failing? Garage has replaced it (didn’t charge me for the fitting) and seems to be starting ok now....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just as I thought it had been fixed, went to leave for work this morning and it’s not starting again. Do you think it would be the actual BSI in the glove box?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts