Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wondered if anybody could help me. I plugged diagnostic scanner into my car and a pending code came up with Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected P0401 . Could anybody tell me what this is? Theres no engine management light on dash. Just pending code on scanner. Car drives fine idles fine. Im just worried what it is. Peugeot 207 gt 1.6hdi 110bhp 2008 plate. Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Its the exhaust gas recirculation valve, it is recycling the fumes from the exhaust to prevent excessive NOx emission. Its an inert gas so doesn't burn, just prevents more air getting to the cylinder lowering the combustion temperatures. You can ignore that fault you only need to worry if it comes up with the flow excessive fault, as this can cause the car to stop boosting. Personally I would blank off the egr if I were you though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Joe, so i dont need to worry about that code? How do i go about blanking the egr off? And what would i benefit from doing that thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
No no need to worry about that code, the blanking plate fits between the block AMD the valve, it essentially stops the exhaust gases from being drawn into the inlet allowing the engine to draw more air and rum more efficiently

·
Registered
173 Posts
They're on eBay less than £5 need to take the inlet and outlet pipes to the airbox off then the fuel filter off and loosen the two bolts(this part is a bit awkward) and put plate in place. Takes about half an hour if you know what you're doing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it really doesnt make a difference if the valves blocked anyway cos that plate used to blank the egr blocks the whole thing anyway . Is that right?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah if you have the plate in place it stops the gases being recirculated, eventually they block the valve, sometimes keeping it open which can then cause the ECU to stop the car boosting. Not ideal if you're using the car regularly. For the £5 it costs may as well blank it, will marginally improve power and economy as well

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No software delete etc these remappers going on about? Just simple slide plate in and keep the egr connected?

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can get it deleted to stop it working completely. But it really isn't needed the blank does the same thing without requiring the map

1 - 14 of 14 Posts