Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ongoing problem with my pug 207 1.6hdi sport. Year 2008. Bought it 3 years ago and soon after got Anti pollution fault display come on with engine management light.took to local peugeot dealer and plugged into computer which showed a code which they told me was likely the E.G.R.valve faulty.went on ebay and bought a new egr valve which i fitted.no change,still showing fault and engine light on but car ran ok,plenty zip and apparently normal. A few months later when about to overtake a truck with speed about 60mph there was a beep from dash and engine cut out,managed to free wheel into side road.engine would not start again during freewheeling but when car came to a halt started as normal .continued on my journey with no more problem. Engine began cutting out more frequently until it is unsafe to take on the road now. Took to local garage who said probably EGR valve. Took valve off and not clogged only a little soot arounf inside of ports.got code reader plugged in which gave a code for fuel rail pressure too high.live data on code reader gave 3,600 psi to a max of 14,500psi at high revs when under load. Any idea's what the problem may be ? P.s. a second or so before engine cuts out a heavier "diesel knock " is heard. When engine cuts out ,Oil pressure too low alarm is displayed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have a look at this link:
Recall Details for PEUGEOT - 207, 307, 407,308 & Partner
If this recall matches your car age & its not already been done, then your problems could be caused by this?
Any Renault dealer should be able to check if the recall is relevant and if it has been done.
I had similar behaviour in my 207 1.6 HDI when it was 3 years old & this fixed it - for free!
Its a proper recall - so should be free
Worth a try?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi HAMMERTER, thank you for that info and link.it applies to vehicles built from Jan to June 2008. My registration document shows car first reg in december 2008 .not sure how to proceed as car may well have been built during build dates given.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, sorry about that, I said Renault garage!
Just phone your local PEUGEOT garage, give them your car reg and they should be able to tell if your car needs the recall or if its already had it
Quote them the recall number if they sound a bit puzzled, and like I said, if it is a recall it should be free!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, sorry about that, I said Renault garage!
Just phone your local PEUGEOT garage, give them your car reg and they should be able to tell if your car needs the recall or if its already had it
Quote them the recall number if they sound a bit puzzled, and like I said, if it is a recall it should be free!
Thanks again.i will contact peugeot sales and service garage asap.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's more likely to be the high pressure sensor at the end of the fuel rail going faulty. I had exactly the same symptoms on my 1.6 which I diagnosed with Peugeot Planet/diagbox. £70 for the sensor, remove wiring and inspect, unscrew sensor from end of the rail, pop the new one on, reconnect, done. If you haven't already done so you could try changing the fuel filter first, although that would normally trigger low pressure faults.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Heavy knock is the engine trying to keep itself going or more accurately the ecu altering things as it can sense it cutting out before it does and is trying to prevent it.

The oil pressure warning is a red herring ignore it its only coming on BECAUSE its cutting out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Eccles.thank you for reply. I have been going through things bit by bit ,oil and filter change 3 weeks ago,crankshaft sensor,oil pressure sensor,fuel rail pressure sensor last week,removed all visible earth cables cleaned terminals and surrounding area where seats along with wire brushing through bolts,new fuel filer,air filter,removed sump and oil pickup strainer all of which was spotless.even removed all fuses and emery papered spades, all is clean around injectors with no sign of oil or diesel present. What else can i do myself i wonder ? Am not a mechanic. Opened bonnet today,looked at the engine,cursed at it ,shut bonnet again !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Reliable 406. I suspected oil pressure warning was a red herring. And the cause of the heavy knocking makes sense as you have explained.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the exactly same full on my 16hdi 207 ... identical p1166 just cuts out was every 6 months then every week now every 2 minutes. Undriverble... I'm thinking there's a problem with the fuel pressure censer... or bad earth battery or ecu up the river or fuse box? but I'll call main dealer to check if it's a recall. Have no idea ... p0603 p1351 p1166 any help would be great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So on my 207 hdi 16, 90cc 2008 december i clearned all the earths, changed the heater plugs, blocked off the egr. Added a new earth cable, new battery, new fuel volume regulator, new fuel pressure sencer, new fuel fillter, had the ecu checked and tested by ATP cannock A ok. Called main dealer checked for recalls none.
And it still cut out. As it did before. After running for 3 minutes on tick over but is fine if i increase the tick over to 1500 rpm it runs ok.. on tick over, it just stalls out.
But when it does run it sounds nice? All i can think now is injectors fuel pump. Or Wireing or air in fuel though hole in pipe? Maff
Or crank sencer or cam senser or turbo seals or blocked oil pipe.
So any ideas any one can add thoughts would be helpfull
I did spary wd 40 at the injectors and it cut out but repeated this a few times and it always cuts out. But i dont understand as it should blow not the other way round.. sounds ok and no buikd up round the injectors, could it be wd40 gets into the injector so its a duff injector or two? or wiring.. i keep on going and report on any progress if any. How strange?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Still have the problem, we have sent the ecu back for mores tests if its ok we will then change the fuse board under the bonnet,
After what ive learned, it should of been the first thing i should of gone to.
The bcm has abs and power steering running though it. And i have those faults.
a second hand bcm is only £25. new ive seen for £75 im still unsure how the water gets in.
ive been looking for pictures found none, there is a pipe that runs from above the rad to the battery box for air im thinking water could get down that, so ill place it some other way so air can still get in but not water.
And put tape over the wires so water should dip off that if it gets down the wire. The ecu comes back in a day or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
Did you find the problem? I have the same issue on my 207 2009 . Fuel pressure regulator and egr replaced but engine still cutting out.

Thanks in advance

Still have the problem, we have sent the ecu back for mores tests if its ok we will then change the fuse board under the bonnet,
After what ive learned, it should of been the first thing i should of gone to.
The bcm has abs and power steering running though it. And i have those faults.
a second hand bcm is only £25. new ive seen for £75 im still unsure how the water gets in.
ive been looking for pictures found none, there is a pipe that runs from above the rad to the battery box for air im thinking water could get down that, so ill place it some other way so air can still get in but not water.
And put tape over the wires so water should dip off that if it gets down the wire. The ecu comes back in a day or two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Id say its defo the under bonet fuse box, the water and damp get in there, the rubber that stops water weakens and the scuttle can above the fuse box can drip down, i blanked of the egr with a plate, omg the improvement in fuel is amazing, ok the the ozone of the planet suffers so im told but ive had 80 odd to the gallon, and improved performance.
For any one with this cutting out, first thing to go to is the fuse box under the bonet, just get a second hand one and try it,
Fuse box fuse box .... if its cutting out like myne was some times every week then not for 6 months no reasons, but as you can get a second hand on 25 pounds swop it out as a first option.and clear the faults.
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spent ages trying to diagnose this.

It would run perfectly until I tried to overtake.

Midway through an overtake, the car would shudder violently once, then cut out, giving depollution error and low oil pressure light.

I tried to replicate the problem a few times, which I did.

Then one night after it cut out, as the car was coasting to a stop, with the ignition still on, I saw the RPM needle was stuck at 2500rpm even though the car was dead.

Then the penny dropped. Engine speed sensor. I jacked the car, removed the front right wheel to give access to the sensor. Unplug, clean, reconnect. Haven't had the problem since.

You're welcome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts