Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just had a frightening experience while i was driving home today, on a busy dual carriageway the 1.6hdi started to accelerate on its own, luckily i just manage to keep it under control. After apply the brakes hard a couple of time everything returned to normal, what could course this? i have heard of oil ingestion from the turbo and have checked this and there is very little play in the turbo but a little oil, the throttle body on the other had was covered in oil. This is my wife`s car so would really to get it sorted before she drives it again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Think it has to be a worn turbo, is the oil level correct? Assuming I am right the engine will be drinking oil as quite a lot is needed for it to self combust.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Worn turbo or breathers throwing a huge amount of oil into the intake or oil level way too high or a combination of the 3 are the only things that could do this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thank you for your reply's. The oil level is a little bit lower than when I last checked. By the sound of it its a little beyond my mechanic capabilities, if it requires a new turbo. I will try and run it in to a garage next week and will post what they say.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts