Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I would like some help on this one if that’s ok. Searching the forum has lots of similar posts but I couldn’t find one with an actual conclusion.

Car is 57 plate 207xs 1.6 turbo petrol, 150bhp, EP6dt engine with 75k miles.

My Mrs has had this in and out of a garage multiple times and has given up with them. So this is how I spent my bank holiday:

Car started with a slight misfire and petrol smell. 1 minute down the road at the first hill I came to it threw the anti-pollution warning and went into limp mode.
I drive it home like that and Diagbox shows: P1337 (misfire cyl# 1), P1336 (misfire cyl unspecified), P1339 (misfire cyl #3).
I cleared the fault and swapped coil packs 1 with 2 and 3 with 4. I noted the coil packs look brand new, I guess the garage has already tried this.

Driving about on/off for the rest of the day there were no issues. I’m not used to the car but if feels underpowered and especially hesitant around 2k rpm.

Leaving it for 6 hours the issue then reoccurred in much the same way. This time turned it on/off to clear the misfire & drive back home. Diagbox showed P1338 (misfire cyl #2).

I will check the plugs when it cools down but I suspect I will also find they are new. Ordinarily the fault now being on #2 would make me suspect the coil pack but as they look brand new I think not.

Apparently the car has had a new timing chain in the past. The engine sounds nice and quiet with no chain rattles.

Searching the forum comes up with possible causes of: HP fuel pump or timing issues.

Is there anything further I can do to diagnose before I find a garage with experience in these engines?

Thanks for your help,

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the symptoms continued but the misfire faults were not consistent. One day cylinder 2 next day 3&4 etc. Took the car to a garage with the kit to measure fuel pressure today and they confirmed it is not behaving as it should. New high pressure fuel pump on the way at a cost of £320. Dealer wanted nearly £550 for one...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts